14

"I can't believe this Sunghoon. We've talked about this!" His mother yelled in the car as they made their way home which was less than two minutes away.

"I wasn't doing anything." Sunghoon spoke from the backseat as he looked out of the window.

"I don't care what you say.." His father spoke as he looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"Especially with her being Charlotte's daughter." His mother muttered as she shook her head.

"That was so out of hand Mom. You didn't need to insult her like that." Sunghoon angrily said as he looked at her.

"She's Charlotte's daughter, Sunghoon. You might not know Charlotte but I went to high school with her and she's the biggest whore there is."

"What the fuck does that have to do with April?"

"Do you see how your son is speaking to me?!" She says as she looks at Mr. Park.

Mr. Park sighed as he turned towards Sunghoon.

"Whenever a male and a female are locked together in a small room nothing good comes out of it-"

"I'm not you."

The car went quiet at the statement that came out of Sunghoon's mouth as they parked the car in front of their house.

"You're not going back there and I don't want you to see her."

Mrs. Park let out a shaky breath as she got out of the car walking up the driveway and into the home.

Mr. Park and Sunghoon stayed in silence as they still sat in the car.

"Listen kid. Things can happen. And we're just trying to protect you from those things-"

Sunghoon let out a small breathless laugh of disbelief as he looked out of the window.

"It's amusing how you guys love to treat me like a study machine but don't think I'm smart enough to know what safe sex is."

Mr. Park sighed as he laid his head back on the seat.

"It's not just that Sunghoon. You know how your mother is. We want you to have a good future. We don't want you to end up like us. There's a lot of things we ended up regretting."

"Yeah, like having me."

"We love you."

"Doesn't seem like it."

Sunghoon felt tears come to his eyes as he remembered the look on April's face once those words came out of Mrs. Park's mouth.

She looked so hurt.

He would give anything to give her a hug right now.

Mr. Park only shook his head as he made his way out of the car.

[~~~~~]

Sunghoon let out a tired sigh as he looked out the window in the art club room.

It had been three days since he last saw April and he was worried.

Jen turned to look at him as she held in the need to ask him how he was.

He was only there because he didn't feel like going home and he had promised Niki he would be there for something which he still didn't know what it was.

April wasn't answering his texts and calls which made his anxiety raise to an all-time high.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he dialed her number one more time.