42

Sunghoon felt tears of anger in his own eyes as he saw April try to stay as calm as she could through her tears.

Her legs were shaking and her grip on her hands was getting tighter and tighter.

It was like torture having to see her relive all of these moments that were probably already hard to forget.

His gaze switched to Sam, who looked like he was sitting on a day at the beach. He was casually drinking his soda and smiling at his lawyer as if there wasn't a care in his life.

A five-minute break had been issued between Jay's direct and cross to give him some time to recollect his emotions.

Jay sat at the stand with a water bottle in hand as he ran a hand through his hair, avoiding looking at April.

If he did, he would cry.

"End of the five-minute break. Cross." The judge announced as she sat down on her chair.

Mr. Oh stood up as he let out a small sigh.

"Good morning, Mr. Park." He greeted as he organized his papers.

"Good morning."

"If you need some time, just let the court know and we will give you another break, is that alright?"

"Yes."

"Now, you mentioned you have known Ms. April since senior year of high school, is that correct?"

"Yes."

"In your video deposition, from exactly one week ago, you stated that you also knew Mr. Park Sunghoon, and you met through him, is that correct?"

"Yes, that is correct."

"Would you say you are good friends with Mr. Park?"

"Yes, I would say we get along great."

"Did you get along with Mr. Higgins?"

"No."

"You said you and Ms. April were roommates. What would you say were the sleeping arrangements?"

"My apartment has three bedrooms and I have one that I use as my closet, the second one is April's and the third is mine."

"How far apart would you say your rooms were?"

Jay furrowed his eyebrows at the question, but shrugged his shoulders.

"Her room was across from mine."

"You mentioned you were close since school, when exactly did you start becoming close?"

"After Sunghoon left town."

"How close would you say you two are in a scale of one to ten?"

"I would... probably say an 8."

"Why 8?"

"I haven't seen her shit- I'm sorry. I haven't seen her defecate yet." Jay almost laughed as he said this.

Giggles erupted through the court room as April closed her eyes in embarrassment.

"Okay." Mr. Oh chuckled as he looked down at his question. "Would you say you have seen her nude?"

"I saw her chest."

Sunghoon's eyes widened at the words that came out of his mouth.

He looked over at April, who tried to contain her smile.

"You saw her chest. When was this?"

"Three years ago during fashion school. She was my partner for an assignment and we decided to make a  tight bustier. I took her measurements. We thought it'd be better to take the exact measurements without interference." He chuckled as he shook his head in embarrassment.