7

"At this point you don't need a pretty dress." Jay copied Sunghoon's tone as he looked at Jake.

"NO SuNGhOOn, I just need you." Jake responded in a high pitched voice as he batted his eyelashes.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes as he grabbed another canvas.

Why did they have to hear that?

"Now that I look at it clearer, it really does look like her." Sunoo said as he grabbed the painting and studied it.

"Sunoo isn't it obvious? That's so April." Jungwon said as he shook his head with a small smile.

Jen stared at the painting that was in Sunoo's hands, noticing the definite similarities between the girl in the picture and April.

Sunghoon pulled out his phone and put on his headphones.

"So are you guys dating or not?" Heeseung questioned as he pulled an earphone out of Sunghoon's ear.

"We're not."

"See Jen, you still have a chance." Heeseung said making Jen's eyes widen.

She looked at Sunghoon in panic, but Sunghoon didn't seem to hear them since he had already put on his headphones again and cranked them up full volume.

"What crawled in his cereal today?" Niki said as he looked at Sunghoon, who seemed to be extra tired.

His frown was prominent and he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

His eyes were lightly red and he was heavily focused on the canvas in front of him.

[~~~~~]

Sunghoon listened to music on his way to the library as he looked down at his feet.

His hands were in his pockets as he wondered why the hell it was hitting him so hard on this specific day.

Maybe it was because of the way the sky was brighter than usual, or how he hadn't slept at all because he was overthinking, or maybe how his parents were treating him like a machine again and he couldn't seem to say no.

He should be used to this by now. His parents pressuring him into things he didn't want.

Telling him he shouldn't waste time on drawing or playing video games and more time on his studies as if that was the only thing he was worth.

"Boo!"

Sunghoon jumped as he felt an earphone being pulled out of his ear.

April let out a giggle as Sunghoon grasped his heart in fear.

"You actually scared me." He chuckled breathily as he shook his head. "I thought you had something with your mom today."

April looked down at the floor for a second, her smile faltering a little but she managed to keep up her composure.

"She was busy with work."

Sunghoon hummed as he stared at her.

"Where were you headed?" He asked her as she stood on the balls of her feet.

"The park."

"But the park is locked today." He said with furrowed eyebrows.

"So? Anyways, where were you going?" April quickly asked to change the topic.

Sunghoon noticed but decided to not say anything.

"The library."

"Well, I'll come with you then." She said softly as she locked her arm with his. "Can I?"