31

It had already been two or three days since the whole 'incident' with Sam happened. He didn't stop calling or texting, to the point she had to turn off her phone completely.

Luckily, he didn't know where Sunghoon lived so there was no way he could possibly find her.

April was already considering a restraining order but she thought it might be too soon.

Sunghoon watched TV on the couch as he subconsciously played with the blanket. His eyes were getting ready to fall closed but he was startled by the door opening.

He looked over, seeing a tired April walk in.

She smiled at him as their eyes met, and Sunghoon's ears felt like they were going to explode.

"I'm gonna go shower." She said as she walked over to the room.

[~~~~~]

"What are you watching?" A pajama ready April sat down next to Sunghoon on the couch as she curiously stared at the TV. "Cake Wars? Seriously?"

Sunghoon nodded his head with a small amused smile.

"Nice." She said as she raised her eyebrows.

They quietly watched Cake Wars as Sunghoon was so invested in the show.

April bit her lip nervously as she couldn't help but to look at his side profile.

His hair was wet in some parts since he seemed to have also taken a shower a little while before her.

His eyebrows were furrowed in focus as he was staring at the art designs on the realistic cakes.

"Isn't that insane how they make those look so real?"

"Huh?"

Sunghoon turned his head to look at her as he realized she wasn't even watching the show, but was watching him.

He grinned in amusement as she looked away from him in a hurry.

His gaze stayed on her as she nervously blinked.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked making Sunghoon smile.

"Because you're very pretty."

"Have you still not watched Titanic?" April asked Sunghoon, trying to change the topic.

Sunghoon stared at her for a second as he thought to analyze the way her words were said.

"What do you mean still?" Sunghoon asked softly.

"I mean- Since you didn't know the reference I said before. At the bridge."

He watched her as she couldn't even meet his eyes. It was adorable the way she was normally confident but as soon as he flirts back, she can't take it.

But there was something else he was focused on.

"Can you tell me what happened? How did we end?"

"I went to your house one night, because I wanted to see you, and I guess you fell down the steps. The last thing I knew paramedics were everywhere in your house and your mom told me to leave." She said quietly as she played with the hem of her gown.

"What happened after?"

"I was visiting you, so your mom moved you to another hospital and eventually you all moved out of town. I never heard from you again. I assumed you knew."

"I didn't. I didn't know. I wouldn't have left you if I did. Ever." Sunghoon said as he felt like a ceiling of emotions was crashing on top of him, enough to not even make him cry.