17

What the fuck is going on?

"Out of town?!"

"I knew you would react this way-"

"Of course I would react this way. You moved me out of town without me being awake to even consent to it! I was planning to go to college there Mom." Sunghoon said exasperatedly. "I had plans. I wanted to stay there."

"I'm sure your plans would've involved April and that isn't something I would approve of."

"Are you insane?! We moved out of town because I was dating?!"

"We moved for your future. Your father and I decided that moving here would be better for all of us. That town was shabby and filled with people who would ruin you, Sunghoon." She said seriously as she put her phone to her ear.

Sunghoon let out an angry sigh as he felt tears reach his eyes out of frustration.

"That girl, she won't reach you again."

"What did you say to her?"

"You don't have to worry about that, Sunghoon."

"This is so..." He couldn't even find the words as he closed his eyes tightly.

"We're doing this for you."

He looked away from her as he tried to calm his beating heart.

[~~~~~]

Mr. Park looked through the rearview mirror at Sunghoon, who was blankly looking out of the window as they drove to the unfamiliar home.

Sunghoon was finally sent home after it was seen that he was totally okay.

His parents were extra cautious with him, as they knew that any weird question or suggestion could trigger him again.

"Are you happy to get out of there?" Mr. Park jokingly asked as he tried to catch the eyes of his son.

Sunghoon ignored him as he continued to stare out the window.

Mr. Park looked at Mrs. Park for a second as he let out a small sigh.

"Until when are you going to give us the silent treatment like a child?"

Sunghoon glared at his mother before looking out of the window again.

[~~~~~]

Sunghoon played with the hem of his pillow as he stared at the unfamiliar ceiling.

He suddenly heard a knock on his door, and he looked over, seeing his mother cautiously step in.

She walked up to the ends of the bed and sat down.

Sunghoon looked back up to the ceiling as he refused to look at her.

"You start group therapy tomorrow. Is that okay?"

He turned to look at her in confusion to which she only sighed.

"There was a sticky note, on your desk. It was under all of your art supplies and- I guess you were going to- you were going to leave us." Her voice wavered as she looked down at her hands.

"So I- we, decided to get you some help, so that you can feel better."

Sunghoon softened up a little as he watched his mother desperately wipe her tears and take in a deep breath.

"I was feeling better, mom. I was feeling... so much better." He felt tears in his eyes as his mother turned to look at him. "But y-you took that all away from me and I don't even know how to go back to it anymore. I don't even know if she'd want me back, because of you."