20

Sunghoon sat in Jay's cafe at almost 3am with his sketchpad laid about the table.

Jay stared at him from the counter in interest at what he was going to do next.

His favorite artist was working on his next masterpiece right in front of him.

Sunghoon tapped his finger against the notepad as he truly couldn't come up with anything. He couldn't even get his pencil to touch the paper.

He hated when this would happen, it was normally when there were too many things on his mind that his art just wouldn't go well.

For other people frustration is a stimulus that helps them create better work, but for him it was like he was unable to do anything art related.

His hands would shake too much or too little and the painting would end up like a five-year old's. At least in his head.

He sighed as he dropped the pencil onto the notepad, crossing his arms.

He had decided to come to the cafe since he thought maybe his studio was too stuffy and he could get more inspiration here, but all he could think about was April holding his arm as if she didn't want him to move.

Sunghoon looked over at Jay, who pretended to clean the counter as soon as their eyes met.

"How long have they been together?" He couldn't help but ask as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"April and Sam?" Jay questioned and Sunghoon nodded his head. "About two years. I think. They've only been living together for a few months though...."

Jay smirked as he looked at Sunghoon, making Sunghoon look at him in confusion.

"Why are you so curious?"

Sunghoon was in the spotlight as he looked away from Jay.

"I'm not."

"Oh, you are."

"I'm not."

"Are you perhaps interested in April again?"

Sunghoon shook his head as he turned to his sketchpad, pretending to scribble something on the paper.

"No. I was just.. curious."

"You just said you weren't."

"Whateve-"

The bell to the door rang as April hurriedly walked in, trying to flee from the rain that had suddenly started pouring.

Her dark red sundress stuck to her body as she breathed heavily.

She didn't seem to notice Sunghoon was in the room as she walked towards the counter.

"What happened?" Jay asked as he furrowed his eyebrows in concern.

Jay's eyes moved towards Sunghoon, making April turn her head to him.

The redness on her cheek was now visible to him, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"No. I was just doing my make-up and my blush smudged too much, you know how hard it is to get it off." She responded to Jay in a raspy tone, before looking at Sunghoon with a smile. "Hi Mr. Artiste."

"Hey." He greeted as he continued to stare at her.

"April, did-"

"Jay, let's talk about it later." She warned making Jay sigh.

"Did you want a coffee?"

"Black tea would be nice."

"You hate black tea." Jay said in confusion making April giggle.