9

April was startled awake by the sound of a knock on the door.

"April we have instruction, why are you-"

April's eyes widened as she realized she had forgotten to lock the door and was now gazing directly at her mother, as she was basically spooning with Sunghoon while he still slept soundly with his hair all over the place.

"Mom, you're home." She said quietly as she awkwardly smiled at her, softly moving Sunghoon's arm that was draped loosely across her waist.

Her mother stared at her daughter in shock as she wondered what the hell had happened while she was gone.

She raised her eyebrows at April as she strictly pointed to the door.

April quickly nodded as she quietly got off the bed, getting startled once Sunghoon moved, pulling the pillow next to him to his chest with a sigh.

She rapidly walked out of the room and closed the door behind herself.

[~~~~~]

"What the hell were you doing with the Parks' kid April?!" Her mother Charlotte exasperatedly said as she crossed her arms over her chest in the kitchen.

"You know his family?"

"Of course I know his family, his mom and I went to school together. But that's besides the point April. What were you doing with him?"

"Mom we were sleeping, that's all we did." April said as she innocently nodded her head.

Kissed a couple of times too..

Charlotte stared at her for a second as she looked down at her clothes, seeing that she was still fully dressed and he seemed to be too.

Although you can definitely wear clothes after.

"Mom, I'm serious we did nothing. We just went around town last night and decided to crash here for a while. I thought you wouldn't mind." She continued as she sat down at the dinner table.

Charlotte couldn't really say much to her if she was with a boy, since she was at an experimental age. As long as she protected herself the right ways than there wouldn't be a problem.

Charlotte wasn't very old fashioned, and as a single woman, she was very liberal.

It was almost like April was her roommate more than her daughter. Just a roommate who she had to pay rent for.

Sometimes April wished she acted more like a parent, and in other times she was glad that her mother wasn't as strict, just like today.

"Did you use protection?"

"I told you we didn't do anything." April complained as she scrunched up her nose in disgust at those words coming out of her mother's mouth.

"Just... As long as you protect yourself, it's all that matters. Need any advice and let me know." Charlotte said with a nod. "Isn't he supposed to be in school right now? Do his parents know he's here?"

"Yeah." She lied as she bit her lip.

Charlotte looked at her for a second but nodded her head.

"So how did your date night go?" April asked to strike up a conversation.

"He wasn't very good at it-"

"Mom, you don't need to give me those details." April said as she shook her head.

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders as she sat down at the dinner table with a cup of water.

"So.. can I skip class today?" April muttered as she slowly stood from the chair.