19

Sunghoon confidently walked into Jay's cafe as he looked at the empty seats around him, with only one guy sitting on his computer.

It was once again super late at night and Sunghoon was craving some coffee to be able to stay up and finish on the painting he had started that morning.

"You're back. What can I get you?" He heard April's voice from behind the counter making him look up.

He was expecting Jay.

"You work here?" Sunghoon asked as he walked up to the counter.

"No. But Jay wanted to take a nap back there, so I said I'd take over. Although he really shouldn't have let me because I know nothing about coffee."

"That's why I'm awake now. I don't trust you. You're going to chase away all of my customers." Jay said as he walked out from the door in the back, adjusting his apron.

"What do you mean? My beauty will attract many more."

Sunghoon smiled a little at her words as he looked down at the counter.

"Your confidence baffles me." Jay spoke as he shook his head, looking over at Sunghoon who only smiled politely at him. "Would you like a caramel macchiato and a banana loaf?"

"That's nice that you remember." Sunghoon said brightly.

"Well I'm like your biggest fan now." Jay chuckled sheepishly.

April stared at him as she thought back to their night downtown.

Sunghoon's eyes met hers for a split second and he quickly looked away nodding his head.

"Are you planning to go to the exhibition tomorrow?" Sunghoon asked Jay as he pulled out his wallet to pay for the coffee.

"I couldn't get tickets. All the spaces were already full."

"Really?" Sunghoon said as he raised his eyebrows.

"How come I didn't know he was this popular?" April mumbled to herself as she played with a random jar on the counter.

"I can get you in for free."

Jay looked at him in surprise as he felt like he was being scammed.

"How come you're so nice to me?"

"You're my friend. Plus, you make great banana bread."

Jay nodded his head as he let out a chuckle of amusement.

"That's a weird reason but I'll take it."

Sunghoon looked over at April, who leaned her head against the counter with her arms inside her sweater, lightly moving the jar with her head, trying to put it back in it's spot.

"She's so weird." Jay said with a shake of his head as he turned around to make Sunghoon's coffee.

Sunghoon reached over and moved the jar for her, making her look up at him in surprise.

"Thank you hot stuff."

Sunghoon's hands stopped in their tracks as he stared at her with slightly wide eyes.

++++

He let out a quiet chuckle and turned the book page for her.

"Thank you hot stuff." She said with a surfer boy wink at him making him shake his head.

++++

Her eyes widened as she realized what she said, raising her head from the counter.

"Sorry." She said quickly as she dug her arms deeper into her sweater. "Jeongseong why is it so cold in here?"