Chapter 14

Cassy

"I'm not seeing the therapist Marie, I'm fine." I said bitterly, popping a few advils into my mouth and sliding them down with orange juice. My head throbbed, and I just wanted to be thrown in the freezer.

I watched my friend look at me with a death glare. "Either you're going to see them, or they're coming to see you."

I rolled my eyes and got up. "I don't need one Mars."

"Liam had to sleep with you again last night. He says you were up screaming, and you were. He calmed you down. But Cass this is serious."

I looked away from her. She's right, i shouldn't have to be comforted all the time.

Slowly walking away down to one of the rooms downstairs, I walked into one that was rarely used. Our old music room. My mom had set this up for us when we moved here. There were guitars, drums, and a lot of other expensive equiptment. I never really stepped in this room because it was Papa's, but he had been gone a while. Lemme tell you, it was dusty.

"Cassidy... you need to see them. Please." My brother piped up, and I whipped around. He was leaning against the doorframe, and it took all I had to not slap him

"I am not seeing them. I am fine."

"Cassidy, you haven't been sober the past week practically. You're turning into an alcoholic." He whispered, looking at me. "You need to talk to someone about what happened. Someone that can help you."

I brushed him away. "I'm fine-"

"Cassidy, I see the way you react when his name is mentioned. The flashbacks are getting out of control. I'm worried about you. You're turning into an alcoholic."

I sighed, and picked up the guitar I use to use when I first got here. The obsidian coloured guitar exactly the way I left it. It wasn't just the flashbacks that were out of control. It was me in general. "I'm not going Chase. It's just-No."

I grabbed the guitar and walked out, leaving my brother standing in the middle of the room.

Storming up the stairs, I slammed my door closed, and sat on my bed, playing with the strings of the guitar.

"Cass-"

"I swear to god-" I exclaimed, glaring down at my guitar.

"I'm not here to force you to go to a therapist."

I looked up and saw Liam. Oh fuck no.

"Nope, get out. I don't want to see your face anywhere near here. Get out. I don't want to see you."
I pointed one of my fingers  to the door and continued to fiddle with the guitar strings and ignoring the people trying to talk to me. I mean it's pretty easy to just zone out when they're yelling at you.

They just want to get rid of you

I shook my head, trying to ignore the voices.

They're waiting for you to grow weak so then they can attack you. They're just waiting for you to crumble again you pathetic weakling. You think you're strong. You hide from everything

I grabbed my head and shook it, guitar sliding off of my lap onto the bed. Not right now. You're not right.

Yes I am right. I'm always right. You're pathetic. Yuu deserved what happened to you. You're pathetic. You're weak. You're nothing. Everyone is pitying you and your lash outs. You're messed up. You're fucking nothing.

I shook my head harder, trying to regain my thoughts back, trying to stuff them into the back of my head. It's not a good time.

You can't get rid of us Cassidy. You know that we're right.