Chapter 51

Cassy

If you could stab somebody in the leg with a butter knife under the table, do you think others will notice?

I was seated right between Liam and Nole. I was going mental. Liam kept touching my thigh and bumping my shoulders, and Nole was holding my right thigh like his sanity depended on it. Marie was glaring at Liam, and Asher was trying not to throw the table. Adrian was too engrossed in the delightful food to notice. 

He even cut up my ham, which had everybody about ready to leap over the table. But my mother.  

And then Nole spat the ham into a napkin and wouldn't tell me why. 

Welcome to Adair dinners. And it's an even better early birthday gift. Four days before my birthday. 

I tuned out everyone, listening to the sound of my fork and knife sliding around my plate, picking up food. I chewed absentmindedly, knowing that if I didn't, I would be asked questions. 

I felt a hand on my left thigh, and I stopped chewing, frozen in place. Liam nudged my shoulder as he continued to slide his hand up my thigh. Swallowing harshly, I set down my fork and grabbed his hand, tugging it off of my harshly, hitting the bottom of the table with a thud. Nole glanced over, and the others stopped their utensils for a moment. I shook my head at Nole, watching his eyes. His eyes conveyed the emotion his body didn't show. And they were almost black, meaning he was absolutely livid. I had been learning a lot about him in the weeks we had been together, and I loved every moment. 

 It turned out my mom just wants to ignore it. Going back to eating the scalloped potatoes and ham my mother made, I chew carefully, knowing that I was going to cause a scene in ten minutes if that's what Liam wanted to continue doing. 

His hand found my thigh again, and he crept his hand up. I continued eating, trying not to show anyone anything was going on. I set my fork down again and pulled his hand off of me, and went back to eating. 

Don't cause a scene

Don't cause a scene. Your mother worked hard. 

Don't cause a scene.

His hand went under the table again and squeezed my thigh, trailing upwards again until he reached my core. 

Cause I mf scene

CAuse a scene

CAUSE A SCENE

"Liam I swear to god if you keep fucking trying to fuck me under this table I am going to kill you." I muttered, Nole's cutlery squeaking as he cut into his potatoes. "One more time." I kept my voice low, so that nobody but him and I could hear. I caught Nole's hand twitch as well, and I knew he heard it too. 

"What, don't want to get caught?" He winked, not removing his hand. I grabbed his hand and threw it off of my thigh.

"No. It's called I have a boyfriend. And that I don't like you in the slightest." I hissed, happy that everyone else was distracted. 

The meal continued peacefully for a few minutes before his hand was back on my thigh. 

okay, now we're going to make a scene.

Standing up, the chair squealed at the quick movement and I grabbed Liam's hand off of my thigh, and set it on the table, sending the carving fork through his hand, and watching the utensil sink into the table. He screamed in pain and I smiled innocently.