Chapter 58

Cassy

Waking up in someone's arms is terrifying, especially when the last thing you truly remember is that you were falling down a set of stairs. To make matters even worse-I could tell who it wasn't. It wasn't Nole's arm or Asher's. No. This arm was a soft feminine one, that I knew was holding back from choking me out.

"Hey, Mars." I croaked, taking the sound of her response. "You really are stupid, aren't you? WHY WERE YOU WALKING WITH A BULLET IN YOUR LEGS AND NOT GOING TO TELL ANYONE!" She yelled, flicking the top of my head. Wincing in pain, I tried to shift so I could curl up into a ball and make my escape, but I realized that someone was holding onto it. I glanced down at my leg to see my partner in crime staring at me, a smile on his face. "I'm happy it was you and not be. I would take that like a bitich. It went in deep man. Like thank god you were konked-"

"Asher. Shut up. Now is not the time." Marie said simply, no doubt rolling her eyes between the two of us. Kicking ASher with my good leg, he let go of me and I stood up, limping over and out of the door. Their sighs of opposition fell upon my deafened ears as I staggered out of my room, running into a hard shoulder. I'm screwed. These are the negatives of dating someone that has a medical in their background.

"Why are you up?" Nole asked sternly, his face a straight line. I wanted to laugh and make a joke about how he looked like a wrinkly old teacher, but the thing is that I didn't know if he was going to drag me back to the bed and make me scream like a bitch, or if he was going to drag me back to the bed and duct tape me to it so I quit moving.

"I-because I wanted orange juice." I fibbed, knowing damn well there was orange juice in my room. Of course there is, I never go without at least four bottles in my fridge. It was sent by the god y'all. "Bullshit, you have some in your room." Nole sighed, his hands grabbing my hips and gently throwing me over his shoulder, carrying me back to my room. Well, this isn't going to be fun.

My eyes watched Nole's fingers turn the knob, and I closed my eyes, hoping he would fall for me immediately passing out. He's fucking 23 man-he won't fall for that shit. "So, why the fuck is she hobbling around as soon as she wakes up? I thought I told you two to keep her in her bed! She can hurt herself worse if she keeps moving her leg." I could feel his chest expand and contract as he sighed, carefully dropping me onto the bed. I kept my limbs loose and eyes closed as he laughed, and booped my nose. "Well, I guess I ain't getting ice cream, or anything else I had planned, since Boss cleared me off of work for a few days."

"That's so not fair," I whined, opening one eye and seeing the lazy charming smile that makes me fall for him all over again. "I mean, we still do have to pack up the last of everything, and move it over to the house today and tomorrow so that we can leave here fully on Friday." He hummed, and I cursed silently. I had completely forgotten that we were supposed to be moving to the new house in two days, and I had been procrastinating in packing up my belongings, because like who enjoys packing? Not me, and that's for sure.

"Hey Nole..?" I whispered, my voice making him turn around so he was looking at me, his brown eyes holding mine. "Is there anything to speed up the healing process of this bad boy?" I asked, holding up my bandaged leg.

"There is. It's called not being on it." He grinned, ducking his head and getting back to filling boxes with my belongings. Sinking deeper into my bed, I felt my thoughts start attacking me. It always happens when I'm alone in my head, and not doing something productive.

You're making Nole do everything. No wonder he's getting annoyed. It's the same thing

"Hey, wha't going on Cassy? You're being quiet." Nole hummed, his thumb tracing circles down my chin as he tilted my head upwards. My thoughts scattered as I tried to remember them, trying to let Nole into my life, from being the sappy sack of shit I have been.