Chapter 19

Cassy

"Well Liam, what have you been up to?" His father asked, taking a sip of his water.

I had a feeling all of us refrained from drinking tonight, so my mom wouldn't get too tensed. I mean they're here for a certain reason, and it's not exactly a happy one. I doubt my mother can look at alcohol the same. I know I just try to forget about that part. 

"I've been working on missions, and keeping a lot of things together." Liam replied, taking a bite of his steak. Yes... a steak. My mom decided that living off of take out and fruit wasn't the best idea, so she brought her personal chef down and she made us the most delicious meal I've ever tasted.

"Cass." Logan nudged me.

"Huh?" I mumbled, just taking a bite of steak. It was too good to be true. 

"It's all good Logan, I was going to ask Cassy how long her and my son have been together, since my son won't tell me anything."

I choked on my steak, and he patted my back. I swear steak spice almost came up my nose. I swallowed, and coughed.

"I-uhm, We're not together. Mr. Johnson." I said weakly, the spice stuck in my nose.

"Oh of course you two are, my son can't be being a manwhore with a whole bunch of ladies, especially you Cassy. I mean, he stares at you like you're the only girl in the world. He surely wouldn't just sleep with you and then leave."

Marie coughed, and I covered up a smile. "He doesn't do that sir, he has a girlfriend, and he was honestly just helping me relax." I said, watching everyones eyes go wide. "NO NOT like that!!! I just couldn't sleep and he was sitting on my bed and I'm not making this any better." I was rambling, as a hand covered my mouth. I silently thanked whoever did it, and it turned out to be Logan. His smiled spread across his face and he chuckled.

"I was just checking in to see if she was okay because she hasn't been sleeping so well, and I passed out right after she did. I tried to sneak out of her room because last time this happened, I stayed the night, Chase got mad." Liam finished, and I looked at him grateful. Logan unclasped my mouth and I smiled at him.

"LAsT tImE? You're telling me you've done this more than once?" Liam's dad asked.

"They do it almost everynight." Marie piped up. I glared at her, and she winked. "Umm, I think I caught him sneaking out of her room one day in only his boxers, when normally he would be wearing his clothes most of the time. I dunno it seemed pretty sus to me." Marie said, winking at me.

"Mars, I was sleeping and then I heard her scream, and she wanted me to stay with her. I sleep in my boxers. What do you expect me to sleep in? A fucking suit and tie? An inflatable dinosaur costume? Or would you rather me sleep naked. Cause I can do all of those. But don't be getting mad at me when you barg into my room at six in the bloody morning and rip the blankets off of me and then see me naked. Cause it'll be your funeral. I mean you've already seen Chase's enough."

Marie blushed and looked at Chase, who was now choking on his steak. "I-I would rather you not sleep naked if my girlfriend is going to run and wake you up in the morning at six in the morning." Chase chuckled, stabbing another piece of steak.

My face was most definitely as bright as a tomato by now, and I couldn't help but watch Marie as she looked at Liam with a deadly expression. "I came to wake you up because I had an important question. And you had the answer." Marie said loudly, looking at Chase.

Chase looked at us like we were dead, and I gulped.

"Hey no! I was sleeping don't look at me like that you idiot. I slept! I was out cold thank you very much."