Bonus #1

Hey y'all. 

I just wanted to do a little excerpt that I don't think is going to lead anywhere as a little birthday gift to myself. 

I hope you enjoy :))

Adrian's POV

I leant up against a bookshelf and took in her appearance.

Cassy's straw blonde hair made her easily recognizable in any crowd she was in. Her eyes shone like the sea glass you find when you're walking along the beach, and her smile. Gosh, her smile made the whole world disappear.

She had pale ivory skin that was adorned with sun kissed freckles, which darkened in the sunlight.

You could normally find her curled up in a dark green knit sweater reading Shakespeare on her bed. Her collection of Shakespeare was big enough she could start her own library (kidding, she's short a few extra copies of doubles.) Chuckling, I watched as she pranced to the bookshelves in the library and took out a worn down book. This old book groaned as she opened the pages, her eyes darting through the pages with a show stopping smile.

She laughed at me, and it took me a second to realize she was eyeing me. "Yes?" she questioned, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Oh how I wanted to do that for her.

"I found the Midsummers Dream book I read when I read in here when I was a kid. See?" She opened the crumbling book and showed me a little name scribbled in the stamp the library put on the inside of the front cover. First name there was hers, written so messily that it was almost unreadable, along with the date 05/14/05.

"You were here when you were seven?" I looked at her in shock. I knew she liked to read, and this place is like heaven but...

"Yeah, mom and dad weren't the best so I always wound up walking here. Best childhood memories are in this place." She closed the book, and gently put it back up on the shelf.

"Cas..." I started.

"Nah, it's the past. We don't look, nor talk about those times right now. Maybe one day though Adrian." She whispered, waving her hand as if to brush off the topic. I watched as she started walking out of the poetry section and into the little nook near the murder-mystery section. Lord this lady is spontaneous.

~~

"Holdup-you had how many stories???" I questioned, raising my eyebrows as I bit into my ice cream cone. Chocolate is the best flavor, no other is as amazing.

"Well... maybe like twenty?? I'm not too sure I lost count a while ago." She laughed, licking her vanilla ice cream.

"You have a little ice cream on your nose Cass." I said, staring right at the smeared ice cream on the tip of her nose.

"Huh??" She asked, licking the cone and turning her attention to me.

"You have ice cream," I leant over the table and wiped the ice cream off her nose with my hoodie sleeve, keeping my gaze locked on hers. Her emerald eyes shone like gemstones in the sun, and I couldn't help but notice the sweep of pink brush upon her cheeks. "On your nose." I finished, sitting back down.

And that day, my new favorite ice cream wasn't chocolate anymore, it was vanilla. 

Just like how I would end up ordering strawberry smoothies, when I hate brain freezes. 

Or ending up with doodles all over my arms in sharpie cause she had no paper around. 

I still remember how sad she looked when my dad told me that we were moving away. Fifty hours away. 

~~~

Thank you so much for 5.1k reads-you all are amazing <3

Until next time, 

:)

-T