Chapter 52

Nole 

I had no idea what I was doing. Well, besides the fact I was watching my girl beat a punching bag until it spilled. Liam had managed to ruin her early birthday dinner, and practically drug her. The crunch from the steak, and the way he was watching her eat it was common knowledge. 

If he was still here, he would be six feet under.

"Hey dummy, can you help me?" The sweet voice from Cassy unraveled me from my thoughts. Glancing over at her, I started laughing at the scene. She was holding a new punching bag on her shoulders and was struggling to hook it up. Shaking my head, I walked over and hung the bag for her. She smiled and pressed a kiss to my cheek before she started beating the crap out of the bag. Her form needed to be worked on, but she was punching out of anger. It was a good thing, but a bad thing. Especially since Liam was going to possibly come back. 

"Are you okay hun? Would I be able to step outside for a little bit?" I hummed, spinning her around and pressing a kiss to her sweaty forehead. She nodded and went back to kickboxing the poor bag.

Making my way out of the gym, I hopped up to Chase's office and knocked on the door. The muffled 'come in' opened the door and I walked in. 

"I have an important question I need to ask you," I said quietly, Chase's ears perking up as he looked up from his work. I noticed they looked like cargo ships, but something about them was off. 

"And that is?" He asked, his chair squealing backward as he leaned back. My hands made their way into their pockets as I sat down. Glancing up at my boss, he was chewing absentmindedly on a blue ballpoint pen, his eyes flickering to mine. 

"Uhm... Cassy's birthday is in a week and a half, right? Cause it's the fourth now, and hers is on the thirteenth. So roughly nine days. I had a question."

Chase's eyebrow rose as I rambled, my hands digging deeper into my pockets. I was older than this man by two years, but he had my utmost respect. "Spit it out, Nolan." 

"I want to move out with her into an acreage about an hour away from here. She's seen it and loved it. We went on a date and got tattoos when we went there. Her eyes lit up when she saw it, and she fed some wildlife. My grandparents lived there for a little bit before they passed away, and I know she will love it there." I rambled, biting my tongue so I wouldn't say more. 

"So what do you want from me?" He asked slowly, his hands folding over each other as he leaned across his desk. 

"I want your approval to move with her to this house," I said simply, my anxiety spiking high. Chase looked at me and sat back, a sigh escaping his lips. 

"Fuck, I thought you were going to tell me you were marrying her and having her kids. Which I wouldn't mind. I mean I ain't getting any younger over here.  And you have my approval to move with her, but so help me if she calls me crying because of something that you did, or if I found out you hurt her in any way. You are a dead man, understood?" Chase said, smirking because he knew I was still stuck on that one comment he had made. 

"I-kids. Marriage???" I said shocked, my hand running through my hair. I had no idea how to react. 

"Chill Nole. I was kinda teasing you. But I mean if you do have kids I won't be mad. As long as they're with my sister. If they aren't then we're going to have a  separate convo. But yes, take your time okay." Chase chuckled, watching me stand up. Nodding I made my way out of his office, my mind a blur of everything that was said. 

He wants me to marry his sister. And he wants me to be the one that she has kids with. Wow. 

Acceptance in the family I guess.