Chapter 12

After the incident that morning. Emily and Arthur didn't spoke a word to each other until noon came, they were in their usual routine, Emily sat on the floor munching bread crusts while Arthur was sitting on the couch a few meters away from each other, both stared blankly at the screen not minding to watch the news and the commercials broadcasting on. Both have different thoughts running in their minds, the silence between them bugs Arthur, he wanted to say something to her but he didn't know what to say. Something stupid would do. Emily was now texting on her phone. Arthur gave up on the idea and sighed, his phone on the coffee table in front of Emily vibrated for an incoming message. Emily took it and swung it over her head to his direction, Arthur took it from her hand and thank her before looking at the message. He scanned through the message and blinked, he touched the compose bar with his thumb and began typing his reply. He pushed the send button and sent his message.

"Emily,"

"Yeah?" Emily looked up at him.

"Your brothers are coming home tomorrow." he said as he lowered his phone on his lap.

"Really?" Emily exclaimed as she slowly rolled on her back down on the floor and she stared up at him, "I thought they wont be back till the day after tomorrow?"

"Well it seems like they finished their work earlier than the due date," Arthur said as he crossed his legs and looked down at her with a small smile.

"Great! I can't wait to see them!" Emily grinned

"You'll be going back to your house now right?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, now that you mentioned it, I have to pack up my things now, thanks for the reminder Artie!" Emily said as she rolled around and stood up and went upstairs to pack up. Arthur just glanced at her as she went upstairs completely out from his sight. Arthur looked down on his lap, something feels wrong, he felt lonely all of a sudden, sure he did want her to be happy with her brothers but the fact that she will no longer be living under his roof saddens him. Maybe its just the lack of companions is what saddens him, no that cant be right, he's used to be alone, he loved being alone, locked away from the noisy people outside. Maybe he just enjoyed living with her, maybe it's just because their closeness, maybe it's attachment? A lot of maybe's and what if's are running into Arthur's mind. He can't be sure of the way he's acting towards Emily, he crossed his arms over his chest, he thought of asking someone about his feelings, someone popped up in his mind, but the thought of the one he's about to ask irritates him, badly. He huffed to the thought but he eyed his phone.

'Should I really?' he thought as he decided whether he should agree or not.

'Fine...' with a heavy sigh he grabbed his phone and composed his message;

"Hey are you busy tomorrow?

Sent 12:27 pm"

"No,

Received 12:30 pm"

"I need to talk to you, don't dare ask why you git.

Sent 12:32 pm"

"Ah but are you sure you're feeling better now?

Received 12:34 pm"

"Yes