Chapter 20

The day of the Kirkland family's reunion is getting near and Arthur sat in silence in his room, quietly looking out the window as he listened to the birds chirping. His bright blonde hair messy over his closed eyes and was still wrapped by bandages to prevent bacteria, his operation took place a few days ago, it was a success but the doctor said that he may have difficulty in seeing. Therefore he'd be needing glasses at times. His brothers were somewhat relieved that he'll be able to see in a couple days but was still tight on him. He can never go out the Villa without a guardian watching over him; either maids, butlers or the elder Kirklands themselves. They spend afternoon tea together in silence, not that they have anything to say, the elder Kirklands would sometimes discuss business and about paperwork but Arthur remained silent and just felt his hand on the table for the teacup, careful not to push it over and ruin their afternoon tea together. He would always find the handle of his teacup with tea in it already. He didn't remember asking his brothers to fill him in some tea, but every time he opens his mouth silence would only be silence there and he knew his brothers already left. Not like it's a new thing to him.

Arthur leaned back on his chair as the sunlight kissed his pale skin. The door to his room clicked open, he knew it was Dylan, he comes in everyday to change his bandages. He doesn't mind though.
They don't greet each other, not a word comes out of their mouths as he changed the bandages. Arthur tensed a bit when he felt hands brush over his pale cheeks and onto the ties of the bandage as it was carefully removed. The bandages fell on his lap and his arms, his eyes was still bright red and the doctor told him he would wait for a week before he was allowed to open them. He would hear shuffling as Dylan gets new, fresh rolls of gauze from the drawers. His heart stopped a beat when Dylan spoke out of nowhere.

"Arthur,"

Arthur swallowed the lump in his throat but he did not reply. He could hear Dylan sigh and walks in front if him. Arthur frowned when he thought Dylan would pounce on him but he just patted his head, "relax." He said.
Arthur obeyed and relaxed himself.

Dylan finished wrapping his eyes up and stares at him for a minute. Arthur knew Dylan was staring so he remained his blank expression.

Dylan stared his emerald eyes at him, he wanted to speak to him but he doesn't know what words to say. He pressed his lips together and quickly left the room, leaving Arthur to himself. Arthur stood up and sighed and groped for his UK guitar beside his bed, he felt its neck and grabbed it and sat down on the foot of the bed, he tuned his guitar first and began strumming the song he was practicing.

My eyes are no good- blind without her,
The way she moves, I never doubt her.
When she talks, she somehow creeps into my dreams.
She's a doll, a catch, a winner
I'm in love and no beginner;
Could ever grasp or understand just what she means.

Baby, baby blue eyes,
Stay with me by my side;
'Til the mornin', through the night.
Well baby,
Stand here, holdin' my sides,
Close your baby blue eyes;
Every moment feels right.
And I may feel like a fool,
But I'm the only one, dancin' with you.
Oh...

I drive her home when she can't stand,
I like to think I'm a better man
For not lettin' her do what she's been, known to do.
She wears heels and she always falls,
So I let her think she's a know-it-all.
But whatever she does wrong, it seems so right.
My eyes don't believe her,
But my heart, swears by her.

Baby, baby blue eyes,
Stay with me by my side;
'Til the mornin', through the night. (can't get you out of my mind)
Well baby,
Stand here, holdin' my sides,
Close your baby blue eyes;
Every moment feels right.
And I may feel like a fool,
But I'm the only one, dancin' with you.
Oh...
Can't get you out of my mind.