Chapter 10

Arthur and Emily finished their meal and left the money on the table with the bill and a tip. Outside,the sun began to set and the wind became a little chilly as the it blew swiftly through their bodies.

"Aaah,this is relaxing!" She said as she sniffed the cool breeze

"It is..." Arthur replied in a relaxed tone as the wind blew gently to their faces,their hair flowing with the gentle wind.

Emily looked at Arthur as his messy dirty blonde hair was dancing with the wind and when it stopped it landed perfectly and messily over his face,he looked like so cute and hot- wait did she just thought he was cute and hot? Well he is cute but hot...

Emily blushed to the thought when she felt cold hands cup her cheeks,she jumped and looked up only to be drowned by the rich emerald orbs of his eyes.

"You okay,love?"

"Yeah...just tired I guess?"

"I think we should be getting home by now...its getting a bit late" Arthur pointed at his wrist watch which pointed to 8:30pm. She nodded and walked off with him. Arthur stopped walking infront of a small girl's shop, Emily eyed him from the side. Arthur grabbed her wrist and pulled her in,the confused girl just followed him in.

"Arthur,what are we doing here? I dunt like dresses if your making me wear one!" She protested looking at the lovely (for her it was boring) dresses. She didnt recieve a reply from him who was busy looking at some hair accesories.

He turned and placed a ribbon shaped clip on her head until she shooked "Go wear it yourself,I dont want it!" She protested,he just nodded and eyed two starshaped clips,its goldish color glinted. Arthur grabbed it and gently tilted Emily's face upward with his index finger. He slowly pushed away some of her stubborn bangs and clipped them on the side. His eyes widened and lines of blush appeared on his cheeks,he turned Emily around to look at a small round mirror nearby. Her eyes widened and her mouth shaped O as glared at her reflection.

"It looks good on you,Emily" Arthur said proudly

"Wow,now I wont have trouble shoving away these bangs from now on" she said tilting her head sideways as she touched one of the golden clips on her head.

"And It reminds me of the stars of America!" She said happily

"Do you like it?" He asked smiling warmly

"Definetly!" She answered quickly,Arthur already payed for it so she could use it. "Im glad you did" he said as he combed her short gloden locks with his fingers "Beautiful as always" he said softly

Emily turned red and hit his head gently with her bat, "Weh! Cheesy are we?" She said playfully "But thanks by the way..."

Arthur chuckled "Your very welcome..." then they drove their way back home.

When they got home,Emily happily looked at the awesome prizes she got from the arcade,she changed to her PJs and sat on the floor and played video games (as usual) ignoring the sleep thats tempting her.

Arthur passed by her room 'Well...I guess Ill let her stay up just for today...its her birthday anyway...' he thought then he went downstairs to resume his work.

After little while,Arthur stood up and stretched,his back is a stiff. He went upstairs to check on Emily. He slowly pushed the door open and he saw her asleep on the carpeted floor hugging a pillow with the controller in her hand.

Arthur sighed and turned off the game and TV and took the controller gently off her hand and rolled it up neatly beside the warm game box.

He gently picked up Emily bridal style. She was a little heavy but atleast he managed carry her,come to think of it,she's not as heavy as Alfred though.