Chapter 19

"Are you sure about this?!"

"Affirmative. I dropped by his house today finding it empty."

"The news also confirmed it,"

"What must we do, brother?"

"....."

~~~~~~~~~

A few days have passed and Emily was finally discharged from the hospital and was now on her way to visit Arthur daily with her brothers.

"Do you think he'll like this?" Emily asked bouncing up and down.

"Of course he will, sis. Now stop bouncing up and down, you're making me dizzy." Alfred joked and pretended to massage his temples.

"Then hurry up slowpokes!" Emily stretched out her tongue to them, Alfred doing the same.

Matthew chuckled softly as he locked the front door with Kumajiro.

"Stop it you two, you'are acting like children." Matthew joked as he placed a hand on Alfred's shoulder. Both blondes smiled back at him.

"C'mon! Arthur's probably waiting for us by now!" Emily called with delight as she hopped on the back seat.

"Coming, we're coming. Sheesh, easy Ems, you missed you boyfriend too much." Matthew hopped into the passenger seat.

Emily blushed, "Shut up Matt..."

Alfred and Matthew chuckled, they sure do love teasing her, so cute.

Alfred started the engine and drove down to the hospital for a good 20 minute ride.

Emily particularly hopped out the car leaving her brothers to tag along behind her.

"She sure is active,"

"Of course, its her boyfriend we're talking about..." Matthew smiled.

"But Francis said he saw someone near Arthur's room."

"So?"

"Isn't that....kinda creepy?"

"Mattie, chill. I'm sure its just one of the patients or the visitors who happen to stop by to check on the room number, so chill."

"I don't know...I have a bad feeling about this..."

Alfred shooked his head and caught up to Emily in front of Arthur's room. She grinned at them before knocking and entering.

"Artie! We brought you some-" Emily stopped in the middle of her sentence.
"Ems? What's wrong?" Alfred peeked in the room. Only to find the bed made and the room empty.

"Where's Arthur?" Alfred asked.

Matthew saw a nurse walking by and asked her where the patient is.

"Ah, Mr. Kirkland was checked out earlier."

"Huh? By who?"

"Um...I don't know much of the details but they claimed to be his relatives and they checked him out. Please do ask the front desk-" Alfred and Emily didn't wait for her to finish and raced to the front desk, Matthew thanked the nurse and excused them before running up to catch up with the two.

The duo reached the front desk, particularly startling the receptionist on the counter.

"Arthur Kirkland checked out earlier?" Emily asked.