Chapter 14

The next few weeks after the conversation with the frog, Arthur can't get the topic out of his head. What's worse is that he can't get enough sleep due to his flowing paperwork pooling his desk and computer. Arthur leaned back against the sofa with a deep exhausted sigh. "Bloody paperworks..." He grumbled as he combed his hair with his hand. It seems no end to these paperworks. He would rather deal with Alfred's loud ramblings than stay here and work his ass off to no end. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Arthur gave out an annoyed sigh as he rubbed his face with his palms. He got off the couch and stomped towards the front door with his usual scowl swearing he'll kill the whoever it is that dared to disturb him in his already bad day. "Tsk..." He swung the door open. "What the bloody hell do you wa–" Arthur cut off in the middle of his sentence, apparently not expecting the person at the door.

"Hi Artie!" Emily said with a small wave and a grin. Her bat resting on her other shoulder.

"E-Emily, hi, uh I wasn't expecting you. Um, what brings you here?" Arthur stammered a bit as he moved aside to let her in.

"Oh, nothing much. I just...um want to see you." She said as she fidgeted slightly on the hem of her jacket.

"Oh..." Arthur closed the door behind her and walked back to the living room. Calm down Arthur. She just want to see you, its not like it has another reason or meaning why she dropped by...right?
He sat back into his spot earlier on the couch and faced his computer. He felt the weight dip beside him, he looked to his side slightly who was now sitting beside him, of all places. Why beside him? But he has no time for that. He just turned back to the papers and computer.

"Hey Arthur, let's play~" Emily said as she nudged Arthur on the shoulder with her bat.

"I'm busy Ems." He said simply, fingers not stopping on typing.

"Don't you ever stopped typing and working?" Emily whined.

"No."

Emily pouted and peeked at the piled work beside his computer. She sighed, "look, rest for awhile will ya? Look at those dark bags under your eyes."

"Seriously?"

Emily frowned at him.

Arthur sighed. There's no use in ignoring her now. Seriously, she can be a bit annoying and stubborn right now.

Arthur massaged his temples as he shot an eye at her, "Tsk, fine. I'll rest for a few minutes, OK?" Emily nodded rapidly with a huge smile. Arthur leaned back against the couch, his head leaning on the back of the couch. He had a terrible headache, he can feel his head pound in his skull. He squinted his eyes shut at the pounding of his brain and tried to soothe it by rubbing small circles on his temple and fore head, he snapped his eyes open when he felt soft hands grab his wrists gently. He turned to the owner of the hands with a confused look as she pointed at her lap.