Chapter One

<House of Love Orphanage, Chiang Mai; 2005>

Children were busy helping the workers of the orphanage to beautify the place. Today, guests from Bangkok will be coming over.

These guests will give out donations to the kids fostered by the orphanage. The sponsors of the event are distinguished families from Bangkok. That's why even the kids got involved in helping out to prepare.

While the rest of the kids are cleaning, Gam, an 8-year-old kid, is busy playing with his toy car. It was left unnoticed by his twin, Gulf, who went to him and told him off.

"Hey, Gam, Auntie told us to help with the chores. Why are you playing?"

Gam shot his twin a glare. "I don't like cleaning. Besides, it's also none of your business."

Little Gulf just pouted his lips with what he heard from his twin. 

"Alright..."

As he was about to turn his back, he noticed the toy car his twin was holding.

"Hey, that's mine."

For the second time, Gam glared at his younger twin.

"It's not like I stole this from you. I'm just borrowing this."

This time, Gulf can't help but feel bad. It was the toy car his parents gifted to him. It was the last gift he received from them before they passed away.

"But still, you haven't asked permission to borrow it."

Gam stood up from squatting on the floor. Without any warning, he threw the toy car in front of Gulf.

Although it wasn't completely broken, some parts of the toy car were damaged because of the impact.

"Shia, Gam!"

Gulf's voice must've been quite loud as one of the monks from the orphanage went to them.

"What's going on here?" the monk gently asked.

Gulf hadn't opened his mouth to speak yet when Gam cried so hard.

"Brother... Gulf cursed at me..." Gam said as he wiped his falling tears.

Gulf was dumbfounded. Isn't he the victim here?

The monk turned to Gulf, who looked so stunned.

"Gulf, did you curse?"

"But brother..." Tears are now on the brink of falling from Gulf's eyes.

"Brother would appreciate it if you would apologize to your P'Gam." The monk said as he gently tapped Gulf's back.

Gulf was hurt. Why does it look like he's the bad kid here? But since it was the monk asking him, he just gave in.

"I'm sorry, P'Gam..." Gulf said as tears fell on his cheeks.

The monk nodded and gave Gulf a gentle smile before he left.

Gulf wiped his tears and picked up his toy car. He feels awful. He can't face his twin right now.

Gulf ran away from the place. He wants to be alone. Gam can only look at his twin and nonchalantly turn his back.

--------------------------------------

Gulf went to his hidden place in the orphanage. It's a sort of abandoned playground.

Some kids still play there from time to time. However, mostly, no one goes there as it's far from the main house.