Chapter Twenty-Nine

Gulf was already back in his work as an intern in the hospital. Since Sam was jailed, his life as an intern has been easier – thanks to Ai and Moo, who are always in his company.

His friends, PP, and Gun had been moved to a different schedule. Supposedly, the three of them should be on the same shift. However, Ai made sure to assign him to a shift where Ai and Moo were both at the hospital.

During his break, Gulf decided to go to Ai's office, and as the latter out for coffee.

Although Ai holds a high position in the hospital where he works, Ai is as calm as the sea, being a director, doctor, and heir at the same time.

When Gulf reached Ai's office, he knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He tried to knock again, and still, no answer.

Gulf eventually gave up, and was about to leave, when the door to Ai's office opened. When he turned to see who it was, Gulf saw Ai's pale face, as if he saw a ghost.

"Ai, what happened to you? Are you okay?" Gulf worriedly asked his friend.

Ai heaved a sigh, before completely facing Gulf. He licked his dry lips and blew air out of his mouth.

Based on Gulf's observation, Ai looked very distressed. Is something bothering him?

"I don't think you need to know about this for now, Gulf. I... I don't know how to explain this to you at the time."

When Gulf heard Ai's reply, he became suspicious that the latter knew something that he didn't. Then, Gulf remembered to tell Ai about the mysterious donation at the orphanage under his name.

Gulf was about to say something when he heard his name being paged.

"Paging Dr. Warodom to please proceed to the lobby."

Right. Gulf almost forgot that he was only out for a break, and had to go back.

"We'll just catch up soon. I have to go back now."

He tapped Ai's shoulder and was about to leave when Ai stopped him.

"Gulf, don't go to the lobby. I'll be the one to tell your resident doctor to let you end your shift early. Just head home after this. Make sure to call Mew to pick you up."

Gulf felt like he did not absorb everything that Ai told him. Is he telling him to go home? Why?

"Paging Dr. Warodom to please proceed to the lobby."

"Shit. Let me make a call. One moment." Ai said, as he fished his phone out of his pocket, and dialed a number. After a few rings, someone picked up from the other line.

"Why is Dr. Warodom needed at the lobby? What's wrong?"

"Sir, someone left a package for Dr. Warodom."

Gulf heard what the person on the other line said, which caused his eyebrows to knit together. Package? He's not expecting anything to be delivered to him – if there is, he will never have it delivered at work, as he always makes sure to have it delivered at his condo or their house.

Gulf was pulled out of his thoughts when Ai turned to him to ask.

"Are you expecting any package to be delivered?"

"No."

Ai briefly closed his eyes and nodded. Then, he turned to the person on the phone.

"Have the package delivered to my office. Dr. Warodom is at my office. Also, tell Dr. Narong that Dr. Warodom will have to leave early for an emergency. Tell him, I ordered it."