Chapter Twelve

(Fourth Month of Marriage)

After Mew's confession to Gulf that night, their relationship improved a lot from when they first started.

Mew had been very far from what he was before. If he frequently threw hate at Gulf before or did not talk to him at all, that took an entire turn in just a short time.

Probably, falling in love with someone didn't really have a timeline. You feel something for someone. Next thing you know, you're already in love.

It's no secret to their friends, how Mew and Gulf got closer. Their friends were so happy that eventually, their relationship keeps on improving.

So far, Mew had been consistent in showing Gulf how caring he is. He also never fails to show him that what he feels for him is true.

There are times that Mew will surprise Gulf without any occasion. He'll give him gifts like pens, candies, or anything that reminds him of Gulf.

Mew even gave Gulf a sunflower plushie. He told Gulf that he looks like a sunflower, and so, he bought the plush doll for him.

Gulf found it funny since it was the sunflower character from the game he played a lot when he was in high school before he got blind.

It was the sunflower doll from Plants vs. Zombies. At times, Gulf would joke around that Mew is the zombie.

The latter would just sulk, which Gulf finds so childish and hilarious.

Gulf was working on something on his laptop when someone placed a cake in front of him.

"Happy 4th monthsary" is what's written on the cake.

Gulf looked to see who it was, and of course, it was Mew.

Mew leaned down on Gulf and hugged him from behind.

"Joyeux 4ème mois, mon petit monstre." (Happy 4th monthsary, my little monster.) Mew whispered in Gulf's ear.

Gulf smiled and turned to Mew. "Joyeux 4ème mois, mon nounours." (Happy 4th monthsary, my teddy bear.)

Mew reached for Gulf's lips to plant a kiss, to which Gulf gladly responded.

When they pulled out from their kiss, Mew also kissed Gulf's forehead.

"I haven't got you a gift. I totally forgot today's our monthsary." Gulf said, still typing on his laptop.

"That's fine, bii. We can just make up for it next time." Mew said as he looked at Gulf.

He noticed Gulf was so focused on his work. At the same time, the pile of papers beneath him.

"Is that a lot? You want help?" Mew asked Gulf, as he took the cake from where he placed it, away from Gulf's school paper works.

"Kind of. I have to finish this report. It'll be due the next day. We still have a dissection laboratory in the afternoon. The professor will definitely get mad if we can't finish the report on time." Gulf said as he pouted his lips.

Mew went to him and leaned his body against the table. He spun Gulf's swivel chair so that he was facing him.

He removed Gulf's glasses and massaged his temples.

"Is that better? You must be tired from working on that all day. When I left this morning, you're already working on that." Mew said as he continuously massage Gulf's temples.

"Hm. I've been working on this the whole day already, and I'm so sleepy now," Gulf complained, as he leaned his head on Mew's tummy.

"If I had known being a doctor would be this tiring, I wouldn't have taken medicine." Gulf sleepily said.