Chapter Six

<Flashback; 3 days ago>

Gulf's shoulders slumped as he walked out of the doctor's clinic.

No problems were detected during his consultation, and he was fit to receive surgery.

However, there's still a problem.

Currently, there are no donors available for him to receive a cornea transplant.

The doctor said that Gulf would have to wait for a while until he receives surgery.

Gulf understood and thanked the doctor.

"Maybe I'll have to wait a little more to regain my eyesight. But that's fine. Who am I to complain if I'm already blessed to receive surgery?"

Gulf murmured to himself as he walked out of the hospital.

<End of flashback>

----------------------------------------

A medical team gathered around a patient lying on a hospital bed. The patient was involved in a car accident and was brought here about 5 minutes ago.

The patient was severely injured, and his chances of survival were so thin.

The medical team was not halfway through treating the patient when the Holter monitor showed a flatline.

The doctor in charge immediately ordered resuscitation, but a nurse stopped him.

"Doc, the patient is an organ donor. He also decided to refuse resuscitation in case something happens to him." The nurse who's holding Gam's profile said.

"Since he's an organ donor, we still need to resuscitate him to preserve whatever organs he's gonna donate." The doctor said.

Although it sounds harsh, organ donors should still be resuscitated despite their refusal. It's done to ensure the organs are perfused until transplantation.

Despite Gam refusing resuscitation in his organ donation form, the doctor decided to resuscitate him.

Gam's heartbeat started coming back after being revived. His family was also contacted to inform them of his condition.

------------------------------------

Dan and Yena came rushing to the hospital when they learned of what happened to their son.

Mew immediately followed.

All of them were devastated after the doctor informed them of Gam's condition.

"I won't beat around the bush. Your son's condition is not good. We're also uncertain on how long he can still hold on."

"The injuries he sustained from the accident were too much for his body to handle." The doctor explained.

"The patient had a traumatic brain injury due to the impact of the accident. He was found a few meters away from where the car exploded.

That injury alone is already severe. But that's still on top of his spinal cord injuries and third-degree burns."

"We just want you to prepare yourselves for the worst. We already did our best to save your son."

Yena felt her legs giving out from what the doctor said. No. She can't lose her son.

She can't lose Gam.

Mew, on the other hand, can't process the information he's hearing.

He just talked to Gam this afternoon.