Chapter Nineteen

A female sitting on the sofa, threw her phone against the wall, after seeing the news article on her phone. Because of the loud crash, her male companion went to her.

"What's wrong?" The male asked.

"We need to work things fast. Things are getting out of hand. This is not what I planned." The female said.

"So, what are you gonna do now?"

"I know Gulf. He's a weak person. He easily crumbles down. For sure, he won't bear what will happen." The female said while smiling.

"Sounds like a good plan." The male replied as a smile traced his lips.

-----------------------------

Mew was done for today's work and immediately got ready to go home. It's the weekend, and he can't wait to cuddle with Gulf.

The past week had been so hectic for him since Wardodom-Chen Holdings already started to get back up.

Another subsidiary is set to launch within this month, so Mew had been so focused on his work lately.

He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed Gulf's number, but it only keeps on ringing.

He tried again but failed to get an answer.

"He might be doing something." Mew thought to himself and went out of his office.

-----------------------------

Gulf bowed his head low, as their assigned resident doctor reprimanded them for their phones.

Not only he but some of his classmates, including Gun and PP, were reprimanded because of the constant ringing of their phones during clinical practice.

Since Gulf is already in his third year in medical school, he has to spend the next 3 years in clinical practice and internship.

Lately, he had been so stressed with school. He barely even has time for Mew. Although they don't have major problems in their marriage, they often have petty quarrels.

Maybe, it was due to them being too busy in their personal life. Mew had to handle the expansion of the company. While Gulf had to start his career as a future doctor.

The constant rotation of teams and departments to handle stresses him so much.

Sometimes, he just wants to quit med school. But then, he remembered that it was his dream since he was young.

And now that he's given the opportunity to become a doctor, he shouldn't waste it.

"The next time that your phones make noise during clinical practice, I won't let it slide. You're future doctors. You should know your responsibilities. Are we clear?" Their resident told them.

"Yes, doc. We're sorry." The students said.

"Alright. Go back to your posts."

While walking back to the pediatrics department, where he's assigned, Gulf huffed some air out of his mouth.

He decided to completely shut off his phone. Just then, he felt someone behind him.

"Aren't you gonna even message him?" PP asked.

"He might be waiting for you already. Didn't you tell him about our duty today?" Gun said.

Gulf thinned his lips. "Just let him be. I feel so drained at the moment." Gulf said as he walked out on his friends.

-----------------------------

Mew had been awake all night. Since he came home, he was not able to talk to Gulf.