Chapter Twenty-Six

Gulf is rubbing his eyes, as he released a yawn. He's sure that he had a complete sleep for his shift tonight. However, he feels so sleepy.

He already downed 2 venti-sized coffees, and yet, he still feels sleepy.

Gulf felt weird while having his coffee. It doesn't taste like it used to.

The coffee tasted funny. If he was not sleepy, he wouldn't have finished the coffee.

Gulf checked his watch and saw that he still have at least 30 minutes to spare, before his rounds with their resident.

Time is of the essence for med students, so Gulf decided to take it as an opportunity to have a nap.

Just as he was about to lean on his table, his phone beeped.

Gulf reached for his phone and checked who the caller was.

He saw Moo's name appear on the screen.

"Hello?" Gulf answered in a very slurry voice. He doesn't understand, but he feels so sleepy.

"P'Gulf, please stay awake. I'm heading to your office now." Moo said, with a hint of panic in his voice.

Gulf doesn't understand, but he feels so sleepy. So sleepy that he feels his eyelids almost closing.

"PGulf? P'Gulf?" Moo kept calling Gulf's name on the other line, but the other is not responding anymore.

"Shit." Moo then disconnected the call and ran towards Gulf's office.

When he reached Gulf's office, he saw Sam standing inches away from the unconscious Gulf, a syringe in his hand.

Moo was lost for words. Now he knows why he's itching to go see Gulf.

"Hi, Doc! What are you doing here?" Moo greeted Sam casually, trying his best not to come too forward.

Sam might've sensed that Moo know what he was about to do, so he put down his syringe, and smiled at him.

"I... came to see Dr. Warodom. How about you? What are you doing here? You're a pharmacist. Aren't you supposed to be in the pharmacy?"

Moo smirked and bit his lip. Sam is a doctor, but he's clearly dumb for his profession.

"Pharmacists aren't only limited to being in the pharmacy, doc. Besides, Dr. Warodom is my good friend. I suppose good friends aren't forbidden to see each other during their break times?"

This time, Sam released an irritated smile. "Are you new here? Don't you know that I'm the department head where Dr. Warodom is assigned? Also, I'm the department head where you're assigned."

"I'm your senior, and I can reprimand you if you keep on talking to me like this."

"Oh. This bastard is a power tripper, eh?" Moo thought to himself.

"I don't think you won't like it if someone higher than you would interfere, doc."

This time, Sam scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

Just then, the medical director of the hospital entered the room, together with some of the hospital staff and security.

Sam smiled at the director and extended his hand to greet him, but the director slapped his hand away.

"I don't want a filthy hand to lay on any of the patients in this hospital. Or on any of the doctors here."

Sam tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean, director?"