Chapter Twenty-two

"Long time no see, phi."

Mew felt like his heart will come out of his chest the moment Gulf said those words.

He didn't wait anymore and pulled Gulf in a tight hug. Mew lifted him and drowned himself in Gulf's scent.

How can he not know? How can he miss the signs?

It's him.

That little boy from his past that he fell in love with.

It's his first love.

It's Gulf.

-----------------------------

When they pulled away from their hug, Mew wiped the tears that fell from Gulf's eyes.

He cupped Gulf's face and kissed his forehead while telling him how much he missed him.

"I missed you so much..."

Gulf closed his eyes, and let himself savor the moment in Mew's hold.

All along, the person whom he never thought he'll see again, was actually the same person that owned his heart.

"I'm sorry if I was not able to notice, Gulf. Phi is so sorry..." Mew said and leaned his forehead against Gulf's.

Gulf gave Mew a smile and held his face. "I took good care of the leaf for you...P'Mew."

The moment was filled with magic when Mew pulled Gulf in a kiss.

Tears filled both of their eyes while they kiss.

This kiss of theirs felt different.

Though they only gently kiss each other's lips, the kiss felt intense.

It was a kiss that was full of love, passion, and longing.

When they broke from their kiss, Mew leaned his forehead against Gulf's and ran his thumb on his cheek.

"This time, I swear to never ever let you go. Never."

Gulf can only nod, as a smile traced his lips.

-----------------------------

"I'm sorry, Mew. I'm sorry if I had to lie and pretend to be Gulf. I hope you can forgive me."

Gam said on the video that Mew and Gulf were watching.

Gam left a flash drive for Mew, weeks before he died. However, because of the pain and frustration, Mew felt when Gam passed away, Mew kept all of the things that Gam left for him.

When Gulf came, he totally forgot about it. Not until he had to move out of their house, and he came across Gam's belongings he left for him.

That's when Mew learned the painful and horrifying truth.

At first, Mew thought that Gam was just teasing him. But no. Everything makes sense now.

-----------------------------

<Flashback>

Mew and Gam were traveling from Quebec to Montreal.

They met with Mew's friends since the couple will be back in Thailand in a couple of days.

While driving, Mew noticed a pile of Maple leaves on the roadside.

A smile traced his lips, as a memory came back rushing to him.

"Babe, do you still have the leaf I gave you?" Mew asked Gam.

Gam looked up from using his phone and turned to Mew. His eyebrows were scrunched. He's obviously confused.