Chapter Twenty-Eight

Subtle footsteps can be heard as a man makes his way out of the airport. He closed his eyes and felt the sun hit his skin. It has been what? Maybe 8 years? or 10 years? He can't remember anymore.

He made his way to his car which was parked just about a meter away from the arrival area. He placed his luggage in the car's trunk and went into the driver's seat.

As he drives down Bangkok's busy road, he can't help but remember that person. It was him that made him decide to leave Thailand and live in the US.

That same person was also the reason why he decided to go back to Thailand after so many years. Never did he imagine that he would be setting foot in his home country again.

When he reached his destination, Phet got out of the car and took a deep breath. He's indeed back in Thailand now. He's here, not only to fix the mess that his brother made but to meet and apologize to the person whom he treasured so much.

-----------------------------

"So you plan on keeping this a secret from me?" Yena blurted while standing in the middle of their living room.

"It's not like that, mom. I just have my reasons why I had to keep it a secret from you and Dad." Gulf said as he bowed his head.

"Mew and I wanted to know ourselves better. This time, we want to make sure that what we feel for each other isn't only driven by people around us, but because we truly love and care for each other."

"I can't let you know everything, Mom. I can't. This is the least information that you should know." Gulf thought to himself.

Someone told Yena that Gulf and Mew got back together. According to Yena's story, a friend of hers saw them together having dinner at a restaurant, where her friend also dined.

At first, Gulf has no plans of telling the truth to his mom, as it is not a part of his plan. What's important for him, is that his dad is aware of his relationship with Mew.

However, his dad told him that he better not hide it anymore from Yena, as she will become more suspicious, and might find out that he and Mew re-married.

For now, it's enough for her to be aware that he and Mew are in a relationship.

Gulf heard Yena sigh. She's disappointed and does not like the idea that her son is in a relationship again – with Mew. For sure, it will ruin everything that she had planned to acquire the entire corporation by herself.

"Are you sure about what you feel? Are you not only having separation anxiety, because you've been together for a long time and had to live your own lives now?"

Gulf saw how his dad reached for Yena's hand, and gently held it.

"I think it's already enough explanation that our son loves Mew. Whatever they have, it's already between the both of them. Gulf is our son – yes. Even if we are his parents, we cannot intervene in his life. We're not the ones who get to choose whom he will love."

Gulf smiled at what his dad said. Although he and Dan are not blood-related, he can feel his sincere love towards him like he is his biological son.

Gulf can see in Yena's eyes that she's displeased. However, as Dan said, she has no right or say to whom Gulf might love or not love.

"Alright then. As if I can do anything about it. Just make sure that he will not do again what he did to you."

Gulf curtly nodded. "You're the reason why Mew had to break up with me, Mom. Whatever you're plotting, I'll make sure that I get to stop you." Gulf thought to himself, as he looked directly into his mom's eyes.