Chapter Eight

(First Month of Being Married to Mew)

Gulf just wanted to swallow his reviewers if he can. He's so sleepy now, yet some of the topics he's studying for his upcoming exam seem not to remain on his mind.

He decided to take a break. Gulf went downstairs to get some milk.

He'll also check for some snacks, as he felt so hungry after studying for hours now.

Just as he was about to go downstairs, Gulf saw that room again.

After getting married to Mew, Gulf was forced to live with him. Their parents thought it was a good idea if they lived together, as they're already married.

Mew agreed, so does Gulf. He didn't have a choice anyway. Does he?

Although married, Mew and Gulf sleep in separate rooms, which is favorable for Gulf.

This house was bought by their parents as a wedding gift to them. It was Mew who facilitated the renovation, as he was the engineer.

When the renovation was complete, they moved into this house. Mew forbid Gulf to even come near the door of that specific room in the house.

Gulf huffed some air out of his mouth and decided to just ignore the 'forbidden room' as he calls it.

However, it seems that it's calling him. Gulf pursed his lips.

"Mew isn't here yet. Maybe.... I can just have a look at what's inside." Gulf thought to himself.

------------------------------------

Gulf found himself admiring the massive toy car collection of Mew. The room was full of hot wheels of various car models.

What caught Gulf's attention was a specific toy car that was displayed among all of the toy cars in the room.

It looks exactly the same as what his parents gave to him when he was still a kid.

Gulf was so amazed and took the toy car in his hand to admire it.

"Wow. This really looks like what ma and pa gave to me before."

Suddenly, a lonely feeling flooded Gulf's system. A sad smile then traced his lips while looking at the toy car.

"Didn't I tell you not to go in this room?"

Gulf jumped in fear when he heard someone speak. He dropped the toy car he was holding to the ground, leaving it broken to pieces.

Gulf felt like his heart stopped beating when he saw Mew glaring at him. He's mad. So mad that Gulf wanted to run for his life.

"I-I'm sorry... I was startled-"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK DID YOU DO?!"

Mew's voice felt like thunder ringing inside Gulf's head. He didn't really mean to drop the toy.

Gulf hurriedly picked up the broken pieces of the toy. "I-I'll just buy you a new one..."

Mew harshly grabbed Gulf's arm. "Buy a new one? Are you insulting me?"

Gulf shook his head as tears started rolling down his cheeks. "No... I just... wanted to replace-"

"Do you even know where it came from to replace it? Nothing can replace that toy car, Gulf."

"That toy car holds Gam's memories. That's the only thing that I have of him, Gulf. Now, you wanted to replace it?"

"Ah. Maybe because you're enjoying too much living Gam's life. That's why you're trying to replace everything that's about him."