Chapter Seven

<One year later>

Gulf's heart was beating fast while the doctor examines his eyes. It's already a year after he received his twin's cornea. So far, he didn't experience nor feel anything after the operation.

The doctor backed away from the Ophthalmoscope with a smile.

"Your eyes are in very good condition. The incisions were fully healed now." The doctor said.

Gulf smiled upon hearing this and looked back. However, he bit his lip and bowed his head when he saw his companion's reaction.

Mew is looking at him like he hates him to the core.

For his eye checkup, his parents asked Mew to accompany him, since there's an important matter that needs to be settled in their company.

At first, Gulf doesn't want to go with Mew, because he feels how much he dislikes him. However, his mom insisted that it was best if he can go with someone.

In the end, Gulf can't do anything but just agree.

---------------------------------

Deafening silence enveloped the two of them while they were in Mew's car.

Gulf looked at the view outside. To this day, he still remembers what Mew said to him the first time they met.

---------------------------------

<Flashback>

Gulf was already about to go out of the restaurant's restroom when Mew entered and locked the door.

At first, Gulf smiled at him, but he was welcomed with Mew's disgusted look.

"Are you really that desperate to be like Gam?"

Gulf was confused. What does Mew mean?

Mew scoffed and traced the panel of the suit that Gulf's wearing. Without warning, Mew harshly grabbed the panel of Gulf's suit.

"You really have the guts to wear Gam's clothes? Aren't you ashamed?"

Gulf felt like his throat can't produce any sound. His breath hitched when Mew pulled him even closer to him.

"No matter how much you try, you will never be Gam."

Just that, and Mew pushed him to the wall and left.

Gulf was left in the corner, shaking with fear and crying.

It's the first time in his life, that he felt so inferior.

"So this is what Gam felt like while growing up? Now I understand why he hates being compared to me."

Was Gulf's thoughts as he wiped his tears from his face.

<End of Flashback>

-----------------------------------------

Gulf didn't notice tears rolling down his cheeks. He was only pulled out from his thoughts when the car pulled up beside the road.

He hurriedly wiped his tears and faced Mew.

"Where are we going?" Gulf asked Mew.

"Get out." Mew coldly said.

Gulf felt like he got deaf for a moment.

Mew turned to him and tipped his head to the side, signaling for him to go out of his car.