3

"WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I SEEING RIGHT NOW?"

sara jerks off her sleep, holding her chest trying to calm her heart down. she glares at the person who is standing infront of the door, holding multiple charts.

" rania ?" she rubs her eyes slowly and pokes hyunjae's shoulder, waking him up. they sit on the bed, still half asleep.

" get up doctors, your attending will be here soon. im sure you won't want to disappoint him again" she walks in, handing them their charts.

"our attending as in your boyfriend?" hyunjae snickers.

she slams his chart down infront of him, trying to grab his hair while threatening the man. he defends himself, which absolutely turns into a whole wrestling fight. sara chuckles loudly, seeing the two of them fights like kids aren't a new view to her.

the three of them has been close ever since their intern year, although rania has been working in the hospital way longer before both sara and hyunjae got in.

it was all started in an incident that happened in their attending, dr. kim younghoon, embolectomy surgery a year ago.

_

a year ago..

" okay, people. what a good day to save lives, scalpel please"

younghoon's voice echoed through the operation room and the team of surgeons were cheering on him. he smiled, feeling motivated.

but his smile fades, as there's no one handing him the scalpel he wants. he turned around, scoffing at the nurse who's busy staring at him.

not even blaming her, doctor kim is super hot. too hot to not stare at.

" hello?? i need my scalpel and i don't have time for your daydreaming session, nurse"

rania snapped back to her sense, quickly reaching for the scalpel on the tray infront of her. she handed the blade without even realising that the blade was facing younghoon.

the scalpel sliced through his finger, making him groan in pain. she was taken aback, panicking over the fact that she just single handedly sliced the surgeon's finger because of her clumsiness.

he inhaled, "step out of my operating room right now, rania lee"

sara and hyunjae, on the other side gasped loudly. younghoon turned his head to them, glaring with his sharp eyes behind those glasses.

"the three of you, out now"

they scrubbed out from the operating room, having their heads down low. sara frowned, taking her mask off.

rania followed them closely, the guilt crushed her.

"im sorry for getting both of you doctors kicked out of the surgery"

much to shocked herself, she heard both of them laughing their asses off. she felt a little relieved, though she still feels the guilt tripping her.

"first surgery and already got kicked out, what a good day today"

_

rania scribbled the paper infront of her using a pen that god knows how long she has been using. the reason why ? probably because her fantasy romeo once borrowed it to sign off some papers. she smiled at her own thought, her inner fangirl screaming at the other side.

as she was lost in her own world, younghoon on the other hand just finished his surgery and was walking towards her table. he was about to slam down his hand on it but stopped abruptly when she turned her head around.

her eyes went wide and her body automatically stood up, bowing to him. he returned the bow, casually looking at her.

only god knows how her heart was doing at the moment.

"rania, im sorry for kicking you out from the surgery" he breathed in one go, blurting the words out.

rania nearly laughed but she tried her best not to. instead she accidentally wheezed at him. his face changed, questioning her, "what's so funny ?"

"nothing, doctor and it's fine really"

he studied her face, trying to figure her mind out but he eventually gave up. he collected his guts, hands gripping the edge of the table and looked at her.

"let me treat you a drink, as an apology"

_