24

"hey there world class best surgeon, miss chae ?"

sara almost drops on her knees as rania caught her in time before she lose control of herself. she blinks her eyes multiple times, rubbing it off using both of her hands roughly. it almost felt like a hurricane coming attacking her whole world. just that it comes in a good way. a very good way.

"no way, hyunjae.. no, you're kidding me.." she blurts out, adrenaline rushes through her body as if it is about to explodes her chest out due to the extensive beating of the heart. she slaps herself, making sure she is indeed seeing what she has seen just now.

"miss chae thinks i'm a ghost now, rania.." hyunjae pouts, acting like his heart is aching while mimicking hurt expression.

"lee jaehyun you're awake !" sara shouts while running into hyunjae's wide open arms. she gripped on so hard, burying her head on his shoulder as she gathers all of her emotions, stopping them from releasing the flood out from her eyes.

hyunjae laughs as she strokes her back, hugging her back just as right. rania, on the other hand just smiles at him before making her way out; giving the bestfriends their own time.

as much as she hates crying especially infront of the person that she specifically hates crying infront of pisses her off so much but she couldn't contain anymore tears to herself. she sobs slowly on his shoulders, letting her emotions taking over her body.

he stops laughing, but couldn't stop smiling. he keeps on stroking her back and eventually starts caressing her hair. the scent of her taking over him, he misses it so much. he holds her right, carefully not to ruin any of the wires connected to his body itself.

"i missed you," she croaks. "i missed you so much."

she let go of him, straightening her body beside the bed as she looks at him with swollen eyes. she does not even care on how much of mess she must have looked right now.

all she cares about is that the person infront of her is there, looking at her too.

"i'm here, sara. i'm here." he lets out, while his hand searches for hers. "i'm sorry, it must've been hard for you."

she pulls the chair near the bed, sitting on it without letting go of his hand. her eyes gets teary again right as she was about to speaks. hyunjae quickly caresses her hand, initiating that it's okay to cry.

"don't ever try to die again or i'll fucking kill you, jaehyun." she sobs, putting his hand on her cheek.

"oh you can't live without me anyway,"

"sure hell yeah and don't ever try to fucking die you idiotic piece of shit i'll run you over with a freaking lamborghini and let your body rot in my backyard you asshole !"

he laughs out loud, holding his stomach as he can't stop laughing. gradually, she starts to laugh along with him.

for once, the world seems to heal. for once, maybe this isn't really the end of everything.

or maybe, fate really does have something up in their sleeves.

"i'm not going anywhere, miss chae."

"you better not, jaehyun."

he squints his eyes, "you know that i'm not really a big fan of that name—"

"yeah i know but i like it and me being the only one who gets to calls you that sounds amazingly girlboss plus cool so yeah i'm calling you jaehyun."

"whatever you say, miss chae." he rolls his eyes.

the room went silent, with both of them running out of words to say. just the comforting silence accompanying them as they looked at each other like every other things does not matters.

it's like you're finally getting your world together.

she blinks again, "you're alive."

"i am"

"you survived,"

"maybe i just did."

she gets absorbed into her feelings again and she feels her emotions betraying her for the nth time. she brought up her hands to her face trying to cover herself up from him as he just stares, smiling.

"you know.. when you were critical, i couldn't get anything right and all i did was crying, thinking on how much of a joke this life was." she says."it hurts so bad that i just have to just suck it up and shove it far to the back of my head because i wasn't able to do anything."

"half of me was gone when you nearly died two times on this bed, jae." she cries, not even trying to hold anything back anymore.

"everyday i prayed for a little more time.. so that i could talk to you, laugh with you, having you in my life for just a little while.."

"hey, sara. look, i am here. you don't have to worry anymore. you can talk to me, you can laugh with me i am here with you now, okay?" he says softly while gently hugging her.

"i was scared.. i was scared of not having much time tell you how much i care for you and how much i need you in my life, it's just—"

he hums in response, patting her back slowly.

"i love you, jae and i'm not sorry for it because it's just my feelings. i was in denial all this time and it kills me inside. you're my everything, you're everything that i have ever wished for in life. you're my saviour, jae." she cries even harder, clutching on him like it is her whole world depending on him.

he shushes her slowly as his eyes found hers. he went closer to her hesitantly, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead while she closes her eyes; digesting the feeling that overwhelms her whole body.

it's like a whole new sensation that radiates through your body, and you sure never want to lose it.

though somehow you will find yourself losing it no matter how hard you fought for it anyway.