11

her hands move as fast as the rapid beeping coming from the machine equipped in the general emergency area. every sutures were done almost perfectly and with that, she cut the last thread on the little girl's arm who's sitting infront of her. closing multiple wound as she smiles proudly, satisfied with her skills.

sara took all of the equipment she used and put it away on the tray aside. taking a seat on the bed; she holds the girl's hands slowly, clasping it together with hers. "here's a candy for you, as promised."

the girl smiles; eyes forming into crescent shape, coincidentally reminds her of someone familiar. she takes the lollipop from sara's hands and bows down, " thank you, doctor !" she cheers, unrapping the candy wrapper.

"you're welcome- wait i haven't even asked your name ? i'm doctor chae ! or you can just call me sara because you're a sweet sweet girl," she says as her hand caressing the girl's hair.

before the girl even get to answer, the pager on sara's hand beeps loudly. she quickly took a glance on it as the pager beeping continuously, figuring out that hyunjae was the one paging her.

"this ass better not be playing suicidal games with me again," she mutters under her breath as she moves away from the bed. "i'm sorry, what's your name again ?" she asks sweetly.

"mirae ! i'm lee mirae !"

the curtains that surrounds the bed suddenly flew off, revealing a panting doctor holding his legs. he stands up straight as he straighten his blue scrubs that's hugging his body nice.

"you're mirae ?"

mirae turns around, quickly jumps on sara's lap as reflex. she holds her tightly, "w-who a-are you?" the little girl shivers. " sunwoo why the hell would you do that ?" sara stands up, "you scared her," she frowns.

"oh god i am so sorry," he walks closer to them, pulling the curtains back to its place. "mirae, your mom is looking for you."

sara gasps, immediately shifting her vision to the girl who's playing with her little fingers. she touches her shoulders slowly, making the girl faced her. "mirae, why ?"

mirae keeps her mouth shut, making sunwoo and sara even more confused than they already are. sunwoo nudges sara, but she just waves him away; signalling him to just shut up. sunwoo lifts his eyebrows, still wanting an explanation.

"mirae.. why did you lie? you told me you don't have any parents for me to call just now," sara lets out carefully. sunwoo's eyes bulge hearing this, " but sara- "

" sunwoo can you leave us both for a moment ?" she says as her eyes glaring at him. "i just wanna say that hyunjae is looking for that kid like a crazy man just now, so please.. at least inform him"

sunwoo walks away leaving sara and mirae both again behind the curtains. sara slowly caresses mirae's cheeks, asking her softly, "mirae.. you were with your parents wasn't you?"

" mirae doesn't want to go back to them ! they are not mirae's real parents," the girl lets out, tears flowing out from her face. " they are bad people, doctor.."

sara was stunned, her brain suddenly hazing. she hugs mirae tightly, consoling the girl as tears forms in her eyes. her breath hitches, holding the tears from falling down.

her hands moving to the girl's arms again, lifting her shirt up. a sigh escapes her lips as the tears in her eyes fighting over wanting to burst out. "they did this to you dear? it was not an accident?" mirae nods slowly as her tears flew out faster, "she was hitting mirae in the car because mirae forgot to bring her eyeliner when the big trailer-"

sara shushes mirae, hugging her as she burst out in tears. she's completely speechless, not able to produce any words as the thought of an innocent girl getting hit when she did absolutely nothing wrong were just, evil.

how can human be so sick ?

suddenly, they heard footsteps walking towards their bed. sara quickly stands up again, wiping the tears away as hyunjae pulls the curtain.

he was about to say something to the little girl but then stops abruptly when sara pulls his hand away from the bed and closes the curtains again, blocking the view from mirae.

sara broke in tears, reaching her limits as she can no longer hold it in. hyunjae grabs her shoulders, pulling her to a bench near them. he's in definite shock, never in his life he ever saw the woman infront of him broke down.

one thing hyunjae admires sara the most is the way she controls her emotions, so seeing her crying infront of him is definitely something new to him. he pulls her close as she lean on his shoulders, still sobbing slow. he pats her back, asking her what's wrong.

sara looks up with her red eyes, mouth trying to form sort of words but nothing came out. tears keep on rolling down her cheeks as she tried. he brings her head back to his shoulder, continue patting her back.

" it's alright sara, it's going to be fine," he whispers.

she looks up once again, shaking her head slowly as the pain stabs through her heart continuously.

"mirae.." she holds her breath as her hand shakes "she can't go back to them," she inhales.

hyunjae tightened his arms around her; giving all of the support she needs, slightly frowning, "what do you mean? "

"i'm saying that she's an innocent girl who has been abused without any fucking reasons by that so called parents you said looking for her !"