26

the tension in the air between the chief of surgery of the most well known medical centre in Seoul and a woman who's nearly one inch shorter than him is clearly explaining the awkward silence created in the private ward. hyunjae scratches at the back of his head unknowingly, reaching out his hand to the open magazine of wide choices for wedding dresses.

"i told you i want to wear something that will make me shine the most during our wedding day, why aren't you cooperating ?" the nurse starts, once again challenging the chief.

"the dress you picked was too revealing ! and no i am and will never cooperating with that dress," he replies, determination sees through his tone.

"it's not that sexy ! you're just overreacting, younghoon," rania smugs. "plus for what purpose i worked out so hard to have this cool body? a little bit of skin won't hurt."

"i am not tolerating—"

right before the chief got to fire back his response, hyunjae screams out loud while flapping the magazine up and down, looking like he wasn't supposed to be admitted there instead of the asylum. when the couple finally shuts up, he stops, taking in his breath.

"it's not like kicking each other's asses would settle this problem so if you guys could concentrate, we can pick a dress for rania and a tuxedo for chief with a bit of peace. come on, you guys are getting married what's with the fight ?" he sighs loud, glancing at the couple.

rania shoots deadly glare to him, resulting hyunjae to glare back, "if you're going to look at me like that i will not help you pick at all," he fires.

the latter rolls her eyes and walk closer to the edge of the bed, sitting on it. cheeky laughs rings her ears as she looks at sara whom been laughing her ass nonstop since the war she declared with her husband to be started. rania face lights up at the sight of sara, it's been awhile since she had a glimpse of her laughing, genuinely.

the discussion continues with full of laughters and rania fighting with her fiancé. both sara and hyunjae knows the sassy rania lee too well, it's just her way of showing love to the people she cherishes. just like she did to them. unlike sara who kept her emotions away from people, rania was the type who's honest to her feelings.

being straightforward as she could has always been her personality, but sometimes it was also hard to tell when she's hurting. coming to the very reason on why kim younghoon was made for her. he reads her like an open book, and appreciates her the way she deserves to.

that woman heart literally beats for kim younghoon.

sara smiles, could not stop herself from thinking if she and hyunjae can ever experience the type of love rania and younghoon have. she knew it well enough that love was not just about feelings, it's about sacrifices you were willing to make for one another. to what extend a love should be dedicated for one another, in order for the fairytales to come true ?

as much as she appreciates things the way it is now, somewhere deep down in her chest, something still feels very wrong. something that burns bit by bit, as if being a reminder to her everyday that she was a product of failure. guilty clinging onto her, a feeling of warmth and happiness seems to be unfamiliar.

sara turns at the sight of hyunjae, seems like he's busy justifying his choice of dress for rania, as if he was the one who's about to get married. the way his eyes lights up every time he gets excited, instantly washing away those dark thoughts she had, stopping her from thinking about the worst future planned for both of them.

" i can't wait for your wedding, rania," hyunjae chirps loudly, pulling sara back to reality. " me and sara already picked matching outfits, right sara ?"

sheepish smile appears on her face, " yeah, it's in champagne colour."

"lovely!" younghoon replies, clapping excitedly. "our wedding day will be perfect, love." he says softly to rania as he hugs her, forgetting about his image as the chief every single time he's around her.

"sometimes i'm questioning myself just why do you wanted to change the wedding date literally a month earlier out of sudden.. figured it out now, though," rania says as younghoon rises his eyebrows. "you just love me too much."

must be nice to be in love.

sudden beeping noise coming from sara's watch startled the duo including hyunjae himself, each looking at her with questioning look. "who the hell set up alarm at 3.00 pm?" rania blurts.

"me. now excuse me i have patients to check," sara stands up from her seat, looking at the one who's on the bed before smiling briefly. "seems like you've got a very long way to catch up in our best surgeon race,sir"

"just get your ass out"