Chapter 17: The Day before Night. Ashter's Choice... And Aaron's commitment

It's been... About two or three, maybe four days since the three came here.

To be completely fair... Ashter seems to think that Aphmau really wanted to go through with this whole...

Bite.

Ashter lays in bed, thinking and wondering, as this was to him the last day he gets to decided.

And... He seems fine with it.

He has... Slight control over Healing. In fact... It seems the Forever Potion he has is bending to his own will.

He can use majority of spells, basic, but majority.

However, he still can't cast spells and more... Passive. Magic.

Sure he can make his spear and shield... But ever since the events at the lounge, he finally is free to do as he pleases.

For the reason...

He developed other wild and crazy things.

But if what he was told is true...

Maybe Ashter can help ease the pain being caused when the transformation begins.

He can help her...

He can make Aphmau feel better...

Even if the pain is still there, he will use everything he can to help her ease.

After all, this is for her and Aaron. Ashter won't mind helping her.

The morning goes on as Aphmau suddenly comes in,

"APH!?!" Ashter jumps a bit, accidentally knocking himself off of the bed,

"SURPRISE!" Aphmau loudly says as Ashter gets up, his shirtless self standing there.

"A-APH! I DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO BE HERE!" Ashter says as Aphmau's eyes narrows at his chest,

"Heh... Still have that scar, huh?" Aphmau suddenly becomes quiet as Ashter was a bit surprised, he forgot about it despite how much pain he feels mentally about it.

"O-Oh. That... Yeah... Lucinda says when her other orders come in she should be able to heal it, since I can barely heal cuts and tears." Ashter says with a chuckle as Aphmau smiles, placing a plate on the table,

"Hey... I just wanted to talk to you personally about the other day..." Aphmau says as Ashter was a bit surprised,

"O-Oh... You meant that day." Ashter got the message quickly, sitting on the couch in front of the TV,

"I just wanted you to know... That tonight... I want to be turned. If this goes on, the others will come... And I don't want them to know yet." Aphmau says as surprisingly, Ashter knew this was coming.

"Y-Yeah... I was actually thinking the same thing." Ashter says, much to Aphmau's shock,

"R-Really...? You were?" Aphmau was just as shocked as Ashter nods.

"If it makes you and Aaron happy... Than I'll be just as supportive. Besides, this power WAS meant to be Aaron's... Sooooooo..." Ashter says as Aphmau suddenly hugged him, much to his surprise,

"Thank you... Ash... You're like the brother I never had..." Aphmau says, a bit teary.

"U... Uh. No... Problem. Aph." Ashter hugs her back, as moments later, Ashter is seen eating the eggs and sausage he was given.

"Oh wow..." Ashter was surprised at how well Aphmau's cooking was getting! It was quite a development!

But... The fact that tonight was a decided time...

It somewhat scared him...

Chapter 17, PT 2. The Final Decision

Ashter sits there as hours pass by then...

Aphmau and Aaron are happily chatting... As Ashter sits underneath the moon that hovers over all of the night.

It was... Beautiful. Amazing. Spectacular.

"Lucy... Please. Don't hate me." Ashter prays that nothing will be brought towards any of the three.

This is their decision...

Not theirs...

Ashter looks upon the stars... It was an astonishing moment...

It was indeed beautiful...

...

...

...

However... Beforehand...

"Ashter. Please, for everyone's safety... Don't ever use your powers under any circumstances." Derek explains via their time hidden in Falcon Claw.

"Why?" Ashter can only say as Derek sternly reinforced this idea,

"If someone finds out their medical records are different... It can spell trouble for not on Aaron, but for you as well. People feared one Ultima... But two... It is as if a myth... But the fact not only one but two are born in this family terrified me." Derek explains.

"So please. If anyone tries and forces you to do such things... Don't." Ashter closes his eyes as he takes a deep breath in. He wants to make sure this isn't the case... But what if Aphmau died when Aaron's eyes go out of control...? He can't allow it. There might be a lot of consequences but he and Aaron will take it.

Nobody won't stop this from happening.

This is why Aaron invited Ashter...

So this is done as privately as possible.

Soon... Aphmau walks in... Aaron in tow holding hands.

"Ash..." Aphmau calls from behind as Ashter felt guilty for this already.

"Just to let you know. This will never ruin our friendship. Nothing will ever change that." Aphmau smiles as Ashter wasn't prepared, as he straightens himself out.

"I... Understand, Aph." Ashter says...

As it was time...

And the last moments Aphmau will ever walk this world as a human, ever again...

End of Chapter 17.