Chapter 18: Painful Transformation

Ashter and Aphmau stand on a balcony within Aaron and her own room. Aaron holds Aphmau's hand, looking at her as she looks back.

Aphmau nods in acceptance of her own will as Ashter slowly makes his way to her neck.

His fangs point slightly as they big into her skin.

She twitches a bit as Ashter's eyes winch, as he has never done this before or even attempted this kind of thing before, Aphmau's eyes turn to Aaron as he smiles a bit, as she began to feel slight pain, but not too much.

Ashter steps back, as Aphmau thanks him,

"Thank you... Ash." Aphmau says as Ashter nods, heading out and back into his room...

...

...

...

Next morning...

Slight screams of pain are heard from Aphmau as Ashter is seen hovering over her, magic coursing through his hands and over her RAPIDLY progressing transformation.

"TCH-! F-FOOD!" Aphmau begs as Ashter yells to Aaron,

"AARON! APH NEEDS SOME FOOD!" Ashter was a bit worn out after about like... Ten or twenty minutes of magic? This happened this morning and it is WORSE than last night.

"ALRIGHT! I GOT IT!" Aaron was in a rush as Aphmau is seen slowly eating the food as her muscles, as she explained it, were tearing apart. She was hot and cold. And she felt like she was going to DIE.

"T-Thank you...!" Aphmau thanked them as Ashter's magic was working a lot better. Is it a sort of acceptance...?

"Thank you very much, Ash... I didn't realize her emotions and the pain was so immense..." Aaron thanked him as Ashter nodded.

"When she falls asleep, her body will slowly and naturally heal slowly. I'm sure..." Ashter huffs a bit, before continuing,

"... That she'll recover in a few days." Aaron

"Hopefully..." Aaron hopes, as a sudden stop of magic causes the pain to come back TEN TIMES AS HARSH.

"A-AH-!" The pain Aphmau feels makes her not able to scream, as the doorbell rings,

"Huh...? Who is that?" Ashter wonders as Aaron's eyes widened in response,

"N-No! Not now! She won't get any sleep if so...!" Aaron quickly grabs his jacket, rushing to the stairs and to the door.

"A-Aaron-!" Ashter says as another silent cry of pain is heard, before Ashter starts up his long usage of magic, as the green and pink hues surround Aphmau's body, soothing her just a bit.

"T... Thank... You... Ash..." Aphmau thanked her as Ashter smiled,

"No problem," Ashter says, before using one hand as he pulls up a thing of music for her,

"Aaron wanted me to help you sleep, so here." Ashter plays a guitar solo by him.

It sounded like the one in High School...

The memories Ashter felt were soothing to him, as much as it was to Aphmau.

She smiles a bit as her eyes fluttered shut...

"P-Phew... Glad that's done with..." Ashter was glad Aphmau is getting sleep, as his ears perk up instantly as Katelyn is heard,

"Hello!?! Aph! Are you in there?" Katelyn wonders as Ashter's eyes widened,

"Shot..." Ashter whispers as Aaron is heard frustrated in the background,

"U-Uh... She's fine, Kate! Uh! She just needs some rest that's all! Don't worry! I have it all under control!" Ashter says as Aphmau wanted to say something, but Ashter gestures her to sleep, pouring a bit more magic into healing, stopping most of her pain as it was only faint but bearable.

"Ash!?! What are you doing in there is Aphmau okay!?!" Katelyn demanded answers as Ashter comes up with a solution,

"Uh... K-Kate! Aphmau... Uh, is asleep! She has MAJOR cramps right now and she won't even allow Aaron to come near! S-So, please! Let her be!" Ashter reassures Katelyn as she reluctantly agreed,

"Alright... Fine. But because you're her best friend." Katelyn agreed as whatever Aaron said, they're going. In the meantime... Ashter uses one hand as he grabs a piece of paper and a pencil as he draws a circular symbol. Runes were presented on it as he enhanced the paper using his own magic. He places it on the ground as this was a special paper that allows instant teleportation.

"..." Ashter can only wait until Aaron gets back.

"I should've done this a long time ago," Ashter says, as Aphmau slowly wakes up, her eyes beating with some pain, as she can feel it but in an instant, it vanished,

"H-Hey, Ashter..." Aphmau greets him as Ashter was surprised at how she wakes up.

"O-Oh, hey Aph. Uh, how are you feeling?" Ashter wonders as healing magic don't take much, just a constant flow of magic repairing her injuries, in this case, her tears and breaking of bones as she also describes.

"I'm... F-Fine... B-But how long... Will this take...?" Aphmau wonders as Ashter knows the pain will last.

"Uh... Maybe a few days...? Maybe one...?" Ashter was uncertain as Aphmau lays her head back down,

"O-Okay... B... But what about you...? Won't you get exhausted...?" Aphmau slowly speaks as Ashter hands her some pills and water, as she drinks said pills.

"As long as you're fine, nothing matters. Besides, I already gave them the gesture that you're on your... Period." Ashter honestly says as Aphmau chuckles, angry, but happy that the diversion worked.

"T... That's good... B-But you seriously need... To use other excuses..." Aphmau chuckles as the pills rapidly sped up due to the magic, besides, they're pills specially created for these types of things.

"I'll... Think of better ones next time." Ashter agreed as he is seen reading to Aphmau with one hand.

Time went on for the two as their friendship grew more and more.

It was like a lingering flame burning as a solar flare.

Ashter couldn't think but to thank Lucinda immensely after trying to get back.

After all, she gave him the pills just in case.

Ashter thinks about his partner... He missed Lucinda and hopes she is doing alright and not getting drunk off of her mind again.

Sometime during the night, Aaron is seen coming into the room, as Ashter is seen with his bottom half on the floor as his head and arms are on the edge of the bed, Aphmau sleeping soundly, and Aaron smiling at the display.

"You did well, Ash." Aaron praises him before giving Aphmau a kiss on the forehead, heading off to the couch within the room, as to not disrupt the sleeping beauties.

End of Chapter 18.