Chapter 23: Breaking In?

Lucinda finally rearranged everything, equipping her two wristbands for this little... Breakin.
"Now... Just to see if my suspicions are correct." Lucinda taps the button as a pale color of red, orange, and pink current of electricity courses before she turns invisible to even people like Terrence, who is a Warlock.

"Great, perfect! This is perfect!" Lucinda smiles, as the gem this device holds is a common opal.

"Now... Just in case things get messy..." Lucinda tags her own created tag, where her other device is a pearl representing the Minecraft world's ender pearl, is locked in another device as Lucinda had a hunch that Terrence... Was a bit... Off and that she needs to find out why.

At the Valkrum residence, Lucinda activates her tech, and she goes invisible in a matter of seconds.

"Great! Still works. Unlike spells, these babies can't be detected because they aren't magic! YES!" Lucinda was giddy, but regains her composure,

"Okay, Lucinda. Everything is okay. Just to slip into the place..." Lucinda opens the door, as the place was uninhabited besides for Travis and Katelyn making plans outside.

"Shot! I forgot that Terrence has them here...!" Lucinda felt like she was screwed, as she slowly closes the door. Unlike the newer models, this one lasts about ten minutes, as the newest lasts for half an hour.

"Okay... Time to go through some boxes..." Lucinda goes through some of the boxes, only finding clothes and even some sketchbooks and potions.

"Nothing out of the ordinary besides some boxes and witchcraft supplies..." Lucinda thinks to herself before her shocked expression washes over her invisible face,

Putting aside a few things, she...

"Runics... Corp... No, he bought some Runic Tech!?!" Lucinda gained so many red flags as she hears a voice,

"C'mon, hun! We can talk this out!" Travis is seen going after an enraged Katelyn,

"Shut up, Travis! I am NOT in the mood to go to those dances!" Katelyn barks as they both head upstairs,

"Katelyn, please! Forgive me!" Travis and Katelyn are in the top room now.

"Great..." Lucinda needed was annoyed, but looks at the tech in the box,

"... Gem Blades... And an alarming amount of them... They're new... They have a smaller size compared to mine... Unlike the previous model, these mold actual gem-like blades with special properties depending on the gem..." Lucinda was suspicious even more of this.

"They must have been shipped through teleportation... There are about ten boxes too..." Lucinda looked through more boxes, getting around others.

"TRAVIS! Just leave me alone and then we'll talk!" Katelyn walks angrily out of the place, slamming the door shut,

"Oh... Well, that's some of Katelyn's temper for you... Jeez, what did you say to her?" Lucinda wonders what Travis said to her, as the young woman closes the box.

"Gotta get to that book... I only have five more minutes..." Lucinda went into overdrive.

...

...

...

Ashter wakes up a few minutes later. He stretches as the nap REALLY hit the spot. However...

"?" Ashter looks around, not sensing or seeing any signs of Lucinda...

"... Lucy?" Ashter gets up, rubbing his eye as he goes to the other side of the room where the big television is.

Nothing.