• overwork

when you two argue because he is overworking himself

Regret rushed in as soon as he heard their shared bedroom door slam. It was 2 in the morning and he had just returned from the company. It wasn't the first time this week that he came home this late. Sometimes, even later than this. You couldn't stand it anymore hence, you decide to tell him how you feel. However, it ended with you crying and him filled with regret.

flashback

You tapped on your phone screen to check the time. 1:54AM. Still no sign of Taehyung. You had texted him if he will be eating dinner at home, but there was no reply. You sighed. This isn't the first time and you had enough of staying up to wait for him. You had enough of always being on your toes, not knowing when he will be home.

You heard the front door open followed by a tired sigh. You came out from your room to see your boyfriend taking off his coat and putting on the house slippers.

"Have you eaten dinner?" you asked.

"yes"  as usual, his cold reply.

You could tell how tired he was. He looked tired. Anyone could tell.

"You're overworking yourself tae..." you say.

"Not now y/n. I'm tired" he said.

"Of course you're tired. You're coming home at 2 almost everyday and leave for work early. Anyone would've been tired... you need to rest Tae" you say.

"You don't know what it's like" he said.

"I just don't like seeing you come home late everyday, having very little sleep and repeating it every single day. Every single day taehyung. Do you not see the problem?"

"You don't understand. We have a comeback soon, I need to make it perfect" he said getting annoyed.

"A day of rest wouldn't hurt Tae... Jungkook told me that he had a break yesterday... why didn't you?" you ask.

"You don't understand" he said trying to end the conversation but you had enough and you really wanted him to rest.

"Tell me what I don't understand Tae. You come home late every night and go off to work early. You barely have 5 hours of sleep and you run on that alone. You don't even reply to my texts... leaving me hanging on whether I should prepare dinner for two or just for myself. I stay up to wait for you since you never ever tell me when you'll be home... we barely see each other. You come home exhausted every single day. It's unhealthy tae" you say.

"STOP IT. I NEVER ASKED YOU TO WAIT FOR ME. THIS IS MY WORK. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SINCE YOU'RE NOT AN IDOL SO DON'T NAG AT ME FOR WORKING HARD! JUST LET ME BE. YOU'RE NOT AN IDOL, YOU WONT UNDERSTAND." he raised his voice.

At this point, the tears in your eyes were threatening to leave your eyes. You held your head up, looking at him straight in the eye after he yelled.

"I stay up to wait for you because I care Taehyung. Yes, i'm not an idol, i'm not in the same world as you, but anyone who cared for their loved one would have told them to take a break if they see them working like you. Sure, I don't understand you. I'm not an idol... then go and date someone who is in the same world as you so that they can understand you" you say and a tear rolled down.

"Y/N... that's not what I meant" Taehyung said after realising what he said.

"Of course. I'm sure you didn't mean any of it" you scoffed, walking away from him and back into the room, slamming the door behind you.