VIII

Omniscient Flashback
2 years ago

Mercedes bent over the toilet and vomited for the 3rd time this morning.

Growing worried, she called her best friend.

"Girl I'm sick as a dawg." She vented to Moonshine.

"You want me to bring you sum cold medicine?" Moonshine offered in concern of her best friend.

"Naw imma have D take me to the drugsto since he closer."

"Damn I gotta go, one of these badass churren finna jump off the table. Bye love you."

Moonshine used to at a school as a preschool teacher until she found out she detested children. Then she switched to wedding planning.

"Bye love you too best." Mercedes hung up.

She texted her boyfriend who wasn't really her boyfriend.

Daddy D 😩

Baby I'm sick 🤒

Cool

Nigga-

Chill I'm omw 😬💯

She tossed her phone to the side and ran back to her bathroom. She didn't even make it to the toilet.

She threw up on the floor and over the sink. The lightheadedness made her sit down on the floor.

"Where you at ma?" Dequavince asked after he didn't see her on her bed.

The unbearable stomach pain and constant urge to gag prevented Mercedes from responding.

He spotted her on the ground in the bathroom and his heart hurt for her.

Even if he won't admit it he always had a soft spot for her. He was a lot colder towards other females.

"Aw c'mon baby." He picked her up and laid her on the bed.

He brought her crackers and water and cleaned out the bathroom.

"Come lay down, ion feel good." She whined as her headache worsened.

"I looked up yo symptoms and imma go getchu a bunch of medicine til we can get to the doctor."

"Unt unt, just lay with me til I feel a lil better." She begged.

"Whea it hurt at?" He asked, laying next to her.

"My belly cramping." She sighed.

He pulled her shirt up and rubbed her belly until she fell asleep.

He got up and she picked her head up.

"I promise imma be back soon." He kissed her forehead and left.

He was worried like hell about Mercedes because she had never been this sick before.

He sped to the nearest pharmacy so he could get back home to her quicker.

"Aight so my girlfriend sick as a muhfucka, could I schedule an appointment?" He said on the phone while browsing the isles for medicine.

"On the 24th?"

"We gon be dea." He hangs up.

He stopped at the pregnancy test section and sighed.

D wanted to become a father one day but worried about Mercedes reaction.

"Mane she ain't pregnant ain't no way." He tried to convince himself as he put it in the cart.