XIX

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
A Week Later

"I'm on my way there right na. Remember Carter's girlfriend?" I ask Moonshine, putting her on speaker.

"Yes, she real pretty."

"She pregnant as hell." I tell her.

"Damnnn. I mean, I'm happy for him."

Moonshine and Carter used to mess wit each other, way before Carter and Jabriah started fucking wit each other.

"I'm doing her paternity shoot makeup." I explain.

"Ohhhhh, how far along is she?"

"Like 7 months now. They waited until a couple week foe she was due." I say.

"She said you can come to the baby shower too. She real respectful about you, she hella mature." I nod to myself.

"Yea, we too grown fa the petty shit anyways."

"How you and ole boy? When do I get to meet him?" I ask.

"Whenever we become an official couple."

"What's his name again?"

"Lemonteeee. I think I love him." She says.

Moonshine, contrary to her name is sweet as hell. Sometime she give tough love but she's a sweetheart. She fall in love fast and that's why she get hurt so much. I just hope he treat her well unlike the others. Carter was the only nigga that ever treated her right and they simply fell out of love.

"I wanna meet him soon guhl." I pull up to Carter's crib.

"I guess."

"Okay, I'm at Carter's, I'll call you back later." I hang up.

CareBear 😙🤍

I'm here.

Ok, I'm finna come
out to get you.

A minute later Carter comes outside and walks up to my car. I get out and fix my dress from sitting in that car.

"Hey Carter." I side hug him.

"Wassgud sis?" He leads me inside.

The photoshoot is in their living room. They didn't want Jabriah out and about, this close to her due date.

"Hey Briah." I hug her.

"Hi girl. I'm tired as a muthafucka." She sighs, standing up from the chair.

"I already did my face care routine and everything. A bitch is ready." She stretches.

"Is you supposed to be moving yo belly like that? Is that baby gone be okay?" I ask worried, watching her roll her belly.

"Yesss, it helps relieve my cramps and it helps the baby come out smoother." She explains.

"Oh okay." I laugh.

"Ay, cuh." D daps Carter up.

I put my makeup bag on the vanity and spread my makeup out.

...

"Oh that's cold as fuck." Jabriah looks in the mirror.

"Yea, you did yo shit sis." Carter daps me up.

"Thank you." I blush, loving their reactions.

"That's fye." D hypes me up.

"Lemme know if you need a touch up." I start to clean up my work.