IX

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I stop by Moonshine's before I go to work since we haven't talked in person in forever.

"Best friendddd." I hug her.

"Girl it's been like a week since I seen you in person." She sighs dramatically.

"Oh shit here's yo autograph, he signed it." I hand it to her.

"Thank you I'm finna post this on Twitter." She cheeses.

"There's a party I wanna go to coming up..." I look at her with my eyes.

👀

"Have fun." She nods.

"Girl I want you come." I smack my teeth.

She spend a lot of time cooped up alone in her antisocial ways so I like to take her out to have fun sometimes. I don't like her feeling lonely or being away from other people too long. I try n get her out her lil shell.

"Ion know, you know how we get when we drunk." She makes a yikes face.

"Yup." I laugh.

"But please." I beg.

"I guess." She shrugs.

"Good, we'll meet there. I'll send the address."

"Mkay."

"So you got a lil boyfriend or girlfriend yet?" I smirk at her.

"Wellllll..." She looks to the side.

"Who is it?" I ask immediately.

"You fed as fuck." She laughs.

"Show me they Instagram."

She rolls her eyes and pulls out her phone. She scrolls and clicks for a minute before handing me her phone.

"Oh he cute, how y'all meet?" I ask scrolling through his page.

I like every post and comment '😍😍' under his most recent.

"I met him at the grocery store, he asked for my insta and we been talking. He make me feel sum typa way, I really like him." She gushed over him.

My phone now autocorrects typa to Tupac 😭

He likes all the comments I put, spam likes her back and comments '🤤🤤' under her most recent.

"Here yo phone sis."

She not bold enough on her own to go after what she want, so this is where I come in & give her dat gentle shove in the right direction.

"What did you do?" She scrolls through her notifications.

I sit back on the couch and smile cockily. She starts typing fast as fuck.

"Girl he just asked me to link?" She looked at me like she seen a ghost.

"See dis why I'm yo best bitch." I put my feet up.

"Guhl get out of my house." She laughs.

"Actually I forreal gotta go by D's." I get up and hug her.

Ion know why but I really love hugs, I fr adore affection. I'm the only person she let touch her tho.

"Bye luh you!"

"Luh you mo." I walk out and lock the door.

I drive to D's house unexpectedly. Surprise bitch.

I pull in the driveway and use my key to get in. I follow the talking I hear to the stairs.