LXXIII

Mercedes April Harris
Jacksonville, Florida

"Ain't it nice out here?" I admire the waves washing up against the sand while the sun shines against the water. This shit pretty asf.

"Mhm." He mumbles with his eyes glued to his phone.

"You wanna go get sum ice cream?" I ask.

"Mhm." He types on his phone.

"You wanna have another threesum?" I ask.

"Mhm." He continues typing.

"I cheated on you." I say tryna see if he paying attention.

He drops his phone in the sand and pulls his gun out, taking the switch off.

"WOAHHH!" I hop up.

"I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING! I REPEAT I AM KIDDING!" I scream quickly.

He just mugs me for a minute then puts his gun away.

"Don't play wit me like that cuz we was both finna die." He shakes his head.

"Damn, my bad but you paying more attention to yo phone than me and we supposed to be on baecation together." I frown, sitting back down on our blanket.

"Aight I'm sorry." He leans over and kisses my cheek.

I grab his phone and run towards the water. I hear the distance closing out as he chases me.

I'm so out of breath, fuck

Soon as I slow down he snatches his phone back. I try and get it back but he holds it up, above both of us.

"Dequavince who the FUCK is you texting!?" I yell at him.

"Ian cheating on yo dumbass." He jerks his head back.

"Wouldn't put it past ya." I shrug.

"Imma think of what Carter said instead of throwing yo ass in that ocean letting you drown." He clears his throat.

"If you ain't got nun to hide lemme see yo phone." I hold my hand out.

"Issa surprise, aight? You'a see tonight." He says making my eyes almost pop out my head.

"A surprisseeee?" I smirk.

"Now you gone be on my ass asking questions and shit." He smacks his teeth.

"What typa surprise?" I hand his phone back.

"April stop cuz you finna get on my nerves." He closes his eyes and rubs his temple.

"You gone repropose?" I cheese.

"I ain't spoiling it." He grabs my hand as we walk back to our blanket.

"You bought me a puppy?" I look up at him who look like he at his ends wit.

"Oh, another car?" I ask.

"You'a see later I already told you now please stop asking me shit." He sighs.

"But I wanna know, just gimme a hint?" I beg.

"You want sum food?" He asks making me forget all about it.

"Ouuu you know what I'm craving? Sum chicken and ranch." I lick my lips.

"Ranch don't go on chicken." He looks at me crazy.

"Actually it does and it sound good right na. Go get me sum chicken bae." I sit down on our blanket.

"How? Beaches don't sell chicken Mercedes." He clenches his jaw.

"Go get Churches." I wave him away.

"I'm just ready for these babies to pop out already so ion gotta deal with this shit no mo cuh." He mumbles.