LXIV

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"OuR rElaTioNShiP beEn HEaLthy, thE FuCk!" I mimic him causing us to laugh harder.

"I was so serious too." He cracks up.

"Ah that was a good one bae." I shake my head.

I sit next to him on the bed and recall what happened earlier.

"Oh wait so earlier, I had went to Walmart, right?"

"Fuck was yo pregnant ass doing at the sto' alone?" He looks at me crazy.

"You can't keep me locked up in this damn house just cuz I'm with child." I roll my eyes.

"You with MY child, need tuh sitcho lil ass down sum where. That's why Walmart got delivery, hell you could've texted me I would've had somebody drop it off." He mugs me.

"Okay but I like doing stuff myself. Imma get depressed again if you keep me here." I frown.

"Aight I hear you but from na on whenever you go sum whea I'm going witchu. And plus imma plan us a date soon, don't worry." He shrugs.

"I ain't even finish my story. So sum nigga bumped into me hard as hell like I almost fell over-"

"See had I been there I would've shot his kneecaps, don't leave this house without me or somebody else no mo." He shakes his head.

"Like I was sayin, uhm- oh yea so I was like watch where the fuck you going cuz." I roll my neck.

"You getting mean, I like dat on you." He pecks my lips.

"Thank you baby, it's from being round you so much. But he was squintin and shit then he was like 'ay you D's bitch?'" I see his visible irritation.

"I was like ion know him like you taught me but he insisted and said he seen us together. Then he said sum 'you shouldn't be by yoself while you pregnant' and I mean he kinda right but it's the way he said it, like it was posted to scare me assum." I scrunch my face up.

"Then I threatened to call you but he backpedaled saying 'ian doing nun, just tell D Javari said whatsup?' he laughed then dipped." I make a 😗 face.

"Javari bitch ass ain't on shit, I promise you that nigga pussy. Nigga must want his house shot up tho tryna put fear in you and shit. I betchu dat lil pussass boy would'nt've said shit to you if I was there." He says, entirely pissed off.

"Who is Javari?" I ask.

"Nigga who killt one my cousins." He says bitterly.

"I thought he was pussy?" I twist my lip to the side.

"Only a pussy nigga would confront they opp's pregnant girl when she by herself. Plus he don't do shit alone. Matta fact them niggas prolly hold his hand while he shit. Been saying he gone kill me fa 12 years." He chuckles.

"Well I'll be damned." I mumble.

"But fuck him. Whatchu got to do today?" He asks, pulling me on his lap.

"I gotta do some makeup. And I need to design packaging and look through my orders but I think Imma hire a manager so my blood pressure isn't too high." I explain.

"Good ion wantchu stressing you and my babies out." He grabs my chin.

"You handsomeeee." I bite my lip.

"You prettyyyy." He licks his lips making me blush.

"I love you." I say playing with his chain.

"I love you mo." He looks at me lustfully.