LVII

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I type away on my phone, sitting down on the bathroom floor. I've been throwing up so much this week I just decided to chill by the toilet with my phone and sum drinks and snacks.

"Here it come chile." I sit my phone on the counter.

I throw up for a couple minutes then I sit back down and get back on my phone.

"You know what, this is ridiculous." I get up.

I quickly sit back down to throw up in the toilet again. My eyes sting from the force. I call Moonshine and sit the phone back down on speaker.

"Hey what's- are you puking?" She asks.

She starts to gag as a reflex to mine making me mute the phone. I finish and unmute.

"Sorry, I'm not gone sugarcoat nun, I need you to bring me a pregnancy test." I say.

"Why would you need a pregnancy test if you have an IUD in?" She asks.

I stay silent causing her to sigh.

"Please tell me you put that birth control back in yo arm!"

"It's scheduled fa next week but they can't do it if I'm already pregnant." I frown.

"I'm on my way." She hangs up.

The nausea seems to have dissipated allowing me to get into bed. I've only been this sick twice in my lifetime, when I had alcohol poisoning and when I was pregnant.

I'm still sober so it can't be the first... I should've never removed that damn IUD.

...

"What it say?" I ask her.

Moonshine sits next to me on the bed after reading the test. She hisses making me smile.

"Why you so happy bout being pregnant?" She laughs.

"I'm sad but I'm happy you know?" I twerk on her.

"Get yo lil booty offa me." She laughs harder.

"First time I wanted to walk into oncoming traffic but this time? Baby I want oncoming traffic to walk into me!" I yell.

"That don't even make sense!" She cracks up.

"Ion care bout nun right na' bitch I'm pregnantttttt!" I run around.

"Get it I guess!" She hypes me up.

"All this running making me dizzy and nauseated, lemme sit down sum where." I shake my head.

"You finna tell D?" She scratches her head.

"Mhm." I hum.

"Remember to schedule a doctor's appointment and everything." She grabs her purse.

"Where you going?"

"I got to finish up these arrangements." She sighs.

"When I get married you gone plan my wedding?" I smile.

She laughs but looks at my serious expression and quickly stops.

"Of course." She nods.

"What was you laughing fa?" I mug her.

"You. Married." She busts out laughing again.

"I am getting married, whatchu mean?" I shrug.

"You and D can't stop fighting long enough to be in a stable relationship let alone get married." She chuckles.