XXVII

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I wake up and rub my eyes. A sleeping D lays on my chest, comfortably.

"Wake up." I mush his head.

"Go back to sleep April." He lays back down.

"We gotta find our phones ion even know what time it is and I have to pick up Ketara and Toyota." I explain.

"Damn." He gets off of me.

We stretch and sit up in the bed just staring off in space for a while.

"Can you find our phones while I get ready?" I ask.

"Yea." He whispers.

I waddle to the bathroom too brush my teeth and shower. After a long hot shower I get out then walk back to the room.

"Did you find them!?" I yell out.

No response.

"Weird..." I search through the drawer for drawls and bras.

A cute little ladybug themed sports bra with matching boy cut panties, I slip on.

I walk in the walk-in closet to choose an outfit but see a sleeping D hiding in a corner.

"Wake yo ass up." I kick him.

"Huh?" He pops his head up.

"Find our- nevermind you too incapable, just go get ready so we can leave." I shake my head.

He gets up and walks to the bathroom.

I pick out a Blue Navy jeans and a baggy white shirt that I tie a knot in. I put on sum white forces, silver hoops, lip gloss, silver anklets, my rings, and a diamond cross chain.

"Hurry up!" I yell.

"Allat damn yelling." He complains.

I look for our phone while finishes his shower. I find his under the couch and mine was on the table that I forgot I left it on.

"It's 6:17, my parents ain't texted me yet so we good on time." I tell him, peeping into the bathroom.

"Aight."

I head back downstairs and go to the backyard so I can call Antwon back.

"Hi Twon..."

"Where you been?" He asks.

"Certainly not with my baby mama that I swore up and down I wasn't still fucking with." I say sarcastically.

"Where you been?" I ask him.

"Oh definitely not with the toxic nigga I'm in an entanglement with but promised I wasn't going back to." He says sarcastically.

"..."

"..."

"You should've known I was lying." I roll my eyes.

"Yea, yea. Call me when you done wit him." He hangs up.

I sigh and delete his number. Ion need no mo reasons for me and D to argue when we just got good again.

I hurry back upstairs and prop myself up on the counter while he uses the loofah on his skin.

"You smell like outside." He mugs me.

"I needed sum fresh air." I shrug.

...

"We late." I complain on the ride to my parents' hoses.

"You said we was good on time." He shrugs.

"I didn't know we'd waste an hour and a half." I sigh.