LIV

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Next Week

I have a support system in case I feel like relapsing which is/was D, Moonshine, my mom, dad, Carter, and Jabriah.

So I decided to hang out with Jabriah to give Moonshine a break and let her have sum fun away from the baby.

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

"It's a new ice cream restaurant...." 👀

"Put it in my phone, I love me sum ice cream." I nod.

"So are you having that baby you been wanting?" She asks.

"Oh hell no, ion want it anymore." I shrug.

"Wow, just like that?" She laughs.

"I didn't think it through. I mean I still want a baby.... just not with him. We not finna be that toxic on and off couple with a baby on top of everything." I shake my head.

"Well damn. Good call tho." She nods.

"You want another baby?" I ask.

"Yup. Bout 3 mo." She says happily.

"Oh wow. Lemme ask you sumn."

"Shoot."

"Did your... you know punani snap back?" I whisper.

"Girl-" She busts out laughing.

"What?"

"Yes, it snapped back. After the stitches healed and whatever Carter said she bounced right back like I never gave birth." She shrugs.

"Oh wow... I'll have 3 then." I nod.

"You really don't want a child with him?" She asks like she doesn't believe me.

"I'd love to have his baby and raise it together in the same household while we're in a healthy relationship. But it's just not realistic and I don't want to bring a baby into an unstable home." I explain.

"You maturing." She nods.

"I guess."

...

"This is noiiiiiiice." She whispers walking in.

"I knowwwww." I whisper back.

It's got the old milkshake vibe. The workers are on skates and everything looks like it's from the 80's.

We sit in a booth and a girl skates up to us.

"Uhh can I have the Oreo milkshake, please?" I ask.

"I'll have the Cookie Blast Sundae." She orders.

The girl writes our orders down and skates to the back to give the cooks our orders.

"Wow, you think we should take the boys onna double date here?" She asks.

"That's a cute idea for you and Carter. Me and D broke up tho." I shrug.

"Because of that fiasco at his house with Reyna right?" She shakes her head.

"Yea. He already running his mouth tuh everybody?" I roll my eyes.

"Yup, Reyna too. Carter busted out laughing when he heard. He said D prolly did sum dumb shit."

"He didddd. We had a big ass argument and he literally threw me out and locked me in his backyard. Girl I was pissed." I complain.

"I'd be mad as fuck if Carter threw me out." She scoffs.

"He do this everytime he mad at me. I gotta get my stuff outta his fucking house. I'm real life done with his ass." I sigh.

"D like a brother to me and you like a sister to me. So in consideration of both of y'all I don't think y'all should keep doing this." She twists her lips to the side.

"Me neither honestly. I really just wanna forget about him, you know?"

"Take what I say with a grain of salt tho because me and Carter broke up about 3 dozen times and we engaged now. Your call." She shrugs.

"You guys meant to be together tho. I think I'm holding onto a fantasy and I should just let go." I mumble.

The lady comes back with our ice cream and we start eating.

"Oh this good as FOWK." She nods in approval.

"They put they WHOLEEE bussy in dis." I point at the ice cream with my spoon-straw.

...

"Why you dodge that cop back there?" She looks out the back windshield.

"Cuz my tags expired." I shrug.

"Wait what?" She looks at me crazy.

"Guhl I'm just playin." I lie.

"Almost gave me a damn heart attack." She sighs.

"Anywayssss, you do IG modeling right?" I ask.

"Yup I take endorsements and do promotion." She shrugs.

"Aight imma DM you about sumn fa my skin care line." I tell her.

"Same way you tell us, family is free." She waves me off.

"How you gone use my own line on me?" I ask, offended.

"Just like that. You been good to me don't even worry bout it." She smiles.

"What if I offer you a contact." 👀

"If we making business movesss. I'm in." She nods.

I pull up in the driveway and let her out. Carter comes out and kisses her before walking over to my car. I roll my window down and he leans over it.

"I hear you was flooding niggas houses and tasing titties." He says seriously before starting to laugh hysterically.

"Yup shole is." I shrug.

"I can't believe you tased Dereyna." He shakes his head.

"And she can get it again." I take the taser out my purse and shock the air twice.

"I heard she was beatin yo ass sis." He scratches his neck.

"No the fuck she wasn't. I was doing good till she got on top of me. Then I just tased her titty." I fold my arms.

"I'm glad you ain't go out like that." He chuckles.

"I would never."

"Do I tell my cousin you was here?" He asks.

"Nope." I pop the p.

"Aight, well imma letchu go sis." He pats the hood of my car.

"Carter I gotta ask you sumn."

"Wassup?" He leans in.

"I need a gun." I whisper.

"That shooting gotchu shook huh?" He sighs.

"I'm not used to this shit like y'all."

"Mhm my cousin gone be mad you ain't ask him tho." He shakes his head.

"Honestly I'm not feeling him right na anyway. Do it fa me, please." I beg.

"You know how to use that hoe?" He asks and I nod.

"Aight then I gotchu." He nods.

"Thank youuu." I drag.

"I'mma head back inside. I'a have it fa you by next week aight?" He backs up from the car.

"Bye, thank you." I wave.

"Stay safe lil sis!" He watches me pull off.