XXXVI

Dequavince Demaro Harris
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"You gone eat yo orange chicken?" Mercedes eyes my food.

I cut my phones off for the day since I just wanted to chill with her all day. I never know when we gone be fighting again so I wanna make the most out of today.

"Yes Mercedes. Yes imma eat the food I ordered." I look at her dumb.

"Whole ass attitude fa what?" She mumbles.

"Ian got no attitude." I cut the AC on.

"All I asked was if you was gone eat yo food." Her voice cracks as she looks out of the window.

"I know you is not crying." I smack my teeth.

"And ain't." She looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"Here man damn." I pour all my chicken onto her plate making her face light up.

I hate seeing her cry so she tends to get her way. I'd just rather avoid that.

Well she prolly be crying when she find out about other females but usually ion gotta see the heartbreak I caused.

After we finish our food I take the blunt out from under my seat and light it up.

"Where'd that even come from?" She looks at me crazy.

"Mind yo business." I say making her stank face me.

I roll the windows up and take a puff. Mercedes opens her mouth and I blow smoke into it.

She coughs making me bust out laughing. She recovers and mugs me.

"Don't laugh at me." She hits my shoulder.

"Lemme charge you." She takes my blunt.

She takes a deep puff and blows smoke into my mouth. I inhale it with ease.

"Why you ain't choke like I did?" She frowns.

"Imma G, I can take it." I shrug.

"Imma G too, you blew too much." She rolls her eyes.

"Yea aight." I chuckle.

"I checked out yo friend's SoundCloud you sent me, and baby that nigga can nawt rap. At all... by any means... whatsoever." She laughs.

"I be telling him that but I'm gone stop cuz if he blow up, I do not want to be in no diss song." I shake my head.

"You think I can rap?" She cheeses.

"..." I scratch my neck.

"Babe let's set a 5 minutes timer to write a rap and see who's better."

"That sound fun no cap." I nod.

"Then we put it to sum beat off YouTube." She gives me a notepad and a pen out her purse.

5 Minutes Later (SpongeBob narrator voice)

"Okay you go first." She plays some beat.

"Ion like that." I scroll through YouTube for a better trap beat.

I look down at my notes and start rapping while she records.

"Just slapped a white girl in Walmart, fuck supremacy. Can't get caught lacking in the streets cuz I keep that Glock with me. My hoes do whatever the fuck I say, call that slavery." I rap.

"Okayyyyy!" Mercedes bops her head.

"Told me she can see us together so I nutted in her eye... now she can't see." I finish making her smack her teeth.