XXXV

Jaitaya Owens
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The Next Day

"I promise you I wouldn't do no shit like that. I swear to God, to my mama, on me, on everything. Just listen to me." Lemonte begs.

"So what happened!?" I scream.

"Look, she was giving me flirty looks earlier but ian say nun cuz I thought I was imagining it and ian wanna come inbetween you and yo friend... but later that night after you went to look for her, I accidentally found her upstairs in a bedroom crying on the bed." He explains.

"Mhm." I squint.

"She was sad and me being kind hearted I sat next to her and asked her what was wrong. She said that her ex was at the party with a girl and she couldn't take it. So I was tryna comfort her but she must've taken it the wrong way cuz she kissed me and pulled me on top of her on the bed." He shook his head.

"Okay so why ain't you pull away?" I ask.

"I was in shock at first you know but I did pull away, you just ain't see that part cuz you left too soon."

"Ion even think she would do that." I twist my lips to the side.

"Youn trust me?" He asks looking hurt.

"I do but I know what the hell I saw!" I snap at him.

"Please believe me I really wouldn't make up nun like this. You know me, and I thought you trusted me too." He sighs.

"I don't know right now, I really don't." I twist our promise ring around my finger anxiously.

"Look, look at the promise ring I gotchu. I made you a promise, a commitment. We made it together, have Faith in me." He says with tears in his eyes.

I lean over the couch trying to process this.

"She was really drunk and messed up baby. Prolly ain't even know what she was doing." He shrugs.

She does drink a lot but I'm in denial that she'd do that.

"I really love you and this is a test. All relationships go through tests to see if they'll fight for it or not. Don't you wanna fight for us?" He kneels before me, crying.

"I do..." I trail off.

"Then fight for us." He grabs my hand.

"I don't wanna be the cause of y'all's friendship ending, I know how important she is to you. But maybe it's best if you don't communicate with her until we sort us out." He sighs.

I just sob, this is so much.

"It's okay, we gone get through this together babe." He intertwines his hand with mine before kissing it.

Mercedes April Porter
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"She's not answering." I whine.

I've been trying to text and call Moonshine for hours. I'm starting to think she blocked me.

D told me I was a dumbass for handing him my cup and he prolly spiked it. Hence the sudden sickness and dizziness.

Montana was arrested on charges of assault and kidnapping since she wouldn't let me get down the stairs and blocked me from going outside.

D wouldn't testify as a witness but he let me use his camera footage as proof. I pressed charges this time.

Since I knew where Moonshine lived I decided to drive there and pop up.