𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

The kingdom of Gryffindor has always and will always be on the east side of the circular island, Hogwarts. The national colors of this kingdom were scarlet and gold and they always shined the most on Gryffindor Day, the twenty-second of March. 

The land east of Hogwarts was most known for its warriors, the strong individuals that save their own kingdom as well as their neighbors.  

The very same kingdom has a certain family that rules the situation - the Potters. 

The King of Hogwarts was Fleamont Potter, a man the had an equal amount of braveness and intelligence. His wife, Queeb Euphemia Potter, balanced him in every aspect possible. Whenever he got over his head, Euphemia would dunk his head in a bucket of ice water to bring him back to the surface. 

Once, that was not used as a metaphor, but rather something that actually happened. Only once.

Okay, maybe twice. Especially when they were younger, a time before they had a child. 

Speaking about their child, James Fleamont Potter was the only son which made him the immediate heir to the throne. More accurately, he was the only possible heir to the Gryffindor throne. 

About James Potter, I think it is time you meet him - a changed version of himself different than the one you met in the narrated prologue. Maybe not a lot has changed, but everyone always evolves with time. Even if it is the tiniest detail such as a simple haircut. 

People always evolve, particularly when time is entangled in the potion. 

"How's your wife?" James asked his valet, starting a conversation to get rid of the silence he did not like. 

"She's good," said Frank. "But I don't think she is the one you've been chasing for a while."

"I have not been chasing anyone, Frank."

"Well, I like to beg to differ," the valet decided as he handed his prince the jacket. "Because every time you ask about Alice, we somehow end up talking about who she serves."

"It does not mean something when asking about someone else."

"In this case, I would think differently, my lord."

"Haven't I told you to stop with this 'my lord' shit?" James asked, slightly glaring at his close friend. 

"Yes you have," said Frank. "But since you are acting stubborn, might as well copy your attitude."

"What is wrong if I do ask about her?"

"Nothing is sinful about it," Frank assured with a nod. "It just means that someone is in contradiction to what he actually feels inside." 

James rolled his eyes. 
"Never mind that. We have some errands to get done today." 

"Yes, obstinate noble."

"Longbottom!"

"What?" Frank shrugged innocently as if he never did anything to begin with. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

As if they were any other family, the royal family of Gryffindor ate like thy never had duties to begin with. That is how Euphemia preferred to do it and none of her boys - neither her husband nor her son - could say anything against her. 

The Potter family ate their lunch at a small circular table that was fit for the three of them alone. They usually ended up eating a simple lunch, something never grand. Neither was their breakfast nor their dinner. None of the meals were ever that grand. Euphemia liked to keep things simple, ordering something to be made that would fit three people and three people alone. 

If there were guests dining with them, then the portions would be larger. Either way, Euphemia had always looked over what is made for any meal that her family eats.
Being a mother, she knew what they liked. Being a queen, she was unable to be the one to cook those delicious meals. 

"How are the situations in Hufflepuff? Slytherin? Ravenclaw?" asked James, really hating the silence that has befallen Gryffindor palace. 

"James," the queen started kindly. "You know that there has not been any current communication with the other kingdoms." 

"Why not?"

"Because Grindlewald has ordered-"

"To shit with what Grindlewald wants!" James erupted, getting annoyed with not having any information. "Where is the unity that these kingdoms once had? Where did that all dissipate to?" 

Seeing his parents shocked expressions, James left like a child who had recently finished a tantrum and did not want to face anyone. 

"I'll excuse myself," were the only words he said before he left. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

There was a knock on his door, and he allowed his mother to enter.

"Would you like to tell your mother what is going on?" asked the queen of Gryffindor as she sat beside her son. "Because as your mother, I definitely know that something is up."

"The silence, the emptiness, it's killing me," James tried to explain, always someone who would tell his mother anything. "There used to be fun. There used to be excitement. There used to be cooperation, for fuck's sake!"

"I know this is tearing you inside and out, but maybe refrain from cursing in front of me?" his mother asked kindly. 

"But what happened, Mom? What happened to the unity? What happened to the friends I used to have?" asked James. "They all vanished."

"People change."

"I didn't get to see if they changed that much or not."

"I know darling," said Euphemia Potter, holding her son in her arms as she used to every night after his birth. 

"I missed those times Mom. They went away before I could even touch them."

"I know darling," the queen repeated, dragging a hand through her son's messy hair. "For the time being, I am thinking of cleaning this mess before you even think of meeting them again."

"This is a mess that cannot be fixed," James declared before truly processing his mother's words. "I could see them?"

"I'm trying, darling. I'll always try for your sake."

James embraced his mother in gratitude. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

He remembered her. 

He remembered her red hair. He remembered her green eyes. He remembered her little smile. 

He remembered her, but he wondered how much of her has changed. 

He knew about an attack on Ravenclaw, at least that is what he heard from the servants a few years back. 

There was another knock on his door.

"Yes?"

"You have some callers," Frank peeked his head inside. 

Something deep down inside him wished that it was her. 

Something else inside him knew it was not possible.

But hope rarely bit anyone in the arse. At least, I haven't heard any tales about that yet. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

James might seem different, but he is emotional at the moment. Loneliness can change a person and that change depends on the person itself. 

See you Monday!