𝔈𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

"Son?"

This is one way to start a chapter in our story. Let me tell you that from the start because this story is not one that gets its fairytale happy-ever-after that easily. In fact, all happily ever afters took time to finally arrive.
This story is no different, I assure you that. 

"Dad?" the prince looked up from the papers he was given, something to take as a trial run to what he is meant to become. 

"I have an inquiry for you."

"I didn't steal any cookies that were meant for lunch!" he blurted out. 

Fleamont did not hold in his chuckle.
"Just like you were when you were younger, but that is not the question."

"Good job, Potter. Good job," James muttered to himself. He re-focused on his father. "What is the question then?" 

"Would you do anything for Gryffindor?" 

"Is this a test?" James laughed. When he noticed the serious look on his father's face, he cleared his throat and answered seriously. "Of course."

"Anything?" Fleamont repeated. "Anything at all?" 

"Certainly," James nodded. "Potters have always sacrificed for this kingdom. It's our blood. We have to protect it until our final breath."

Fleamont nodded, taking that as approval. 

Now, sometimes, people do dumb stuff. It is simply human nature to do such a thing. 

Let me guess, you are doubting Fleamont Potter. You are thinking of what he is up to. If you did not, you might as well start now. But don't worry, I shall hopefully share the answers in the near end. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Euphemia Potter was on a goal, which was to find the perfect dresses for Lily and her ladies to wear to the Hogwarts Masquerade Ball. 

"I have bought Dorcas!" Alice announced upon entering the room. 

"Dorcas will not be wearing a dress," said the knight herself. She took out her sword to prove a point. "I will slit the throat of anyone who tries."

"I remember hearing Nymphadora Tonks is going in her armor, so you can do that as well if you like," Euphemia kindly pointed out.

"Nymphadora Tonks?" Dorcas questioned. "Lady of Princess Ciara?"

"I believe she is trying to start a chain of Knight Ladies," Dorcas's eyes opened as wide as plates once hearing Euphemia's words.

"Who should start first? Euphemia asked once the dressmakers finished setting up their props. "We have to see suitable colors for each and every one of you."

"Don't you need our measurements first?" Mary asked. The youngest lady had a little bit of information in the field of dressmaking because her mother used to be a dressmaker herself. Little Mary used to follow her around before she was asked to be a lady for Lily Evans of Ravenclaw. 

"I can guess any measurement, darling," Madam Malkin, Euphemia's most trusted dressmaker, spoke. "And if I, by any chance, mistaken it or you want to adjust something, it is all possible to be accomplished."

So, they started the long journey of five hours of a serious dress search. Of course, after that long search, they filled their stomachs to the notch with the foods they like. 

Emmeline Vance was determined on modeling a dark color - something between green and black. She settled on a simple black dress with short sleeves. An easy brown belt supported hr waist. The skirt of her dress had gold patterns, which she knew will be matched with gold jewelry on the day of the ball. 

Alice Longbottom's final choice was a pink color, a shade that can be seen in the morning sky for those who wake up early. The bodice of her dress had pale yellow circle patterns that added a little touch to the simple dress. 

Dorcas Meadows had fully decided from the start that she will wear her suit of armor and wait around the premises of Hogwarts Castle in case something happened. 

Amelia Bones' dress was a pale blue color, one that was in between blue and gray. Her dress was sleeveless with a grecian neckline, but it was covered with enough feathers to hide its true shape. 

Mary Macdonald was going to wear a dark red dress. The sleeves were long, the neckline was in a V-shape, and there was a sparkling thick belt around her waist that the young girl simply adored. 

Finally, Lily Evans was going to wear silver. She was going to own the color gray, as Euphemia had spoken. The top part, the bodice, looked like chains. From the waist down, the skirt had wonderous designs. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Emmeline found a letter in her room after the very much-needed meal. It was a letter she knew she had to get to the bottom of immediately. 

She reached the rose gardens and called his name. 
"What are you even doing here, you fool?" 

"Is that how to greet your brother?" Lucius Malfoy came out of the bushes. 

Yes, Emmeline Vance was a married woman with a Malfoy maiden name. 

"When he is an idiot, there should be more," Emmeline warned. 

"Can I not come and visit my sister?"

"You have something to say so pour the tea or keep the kettle boiling, Lucius," his elder sister spoke. "It's dangerous that you are here." 

"Are you going to the ball?" 

"What do you want, Lucius?" 

"Em, there's something you need to know."

By the end of the conversation, Emmeline was in a sort of shock that she had to hide from the rest - both friend and foe. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Your daughter is to be married," Orion Black spoke when his wife and he were having their private tea. 

"Narcissa?" Walburga asked, confusion filling her every bone. "Who will she be marrying?" 

"Someone good, and it will do better to the kingdom."

"Don't you think of your daughter?" 

"She will do anything to raise her kingdom's status," Orion ordered. "That is what royalty does."

"Who does she marry?" Walburga demanded of her husband. 

He looked at her and told her. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"YOU DID WHAT?" the Queen of Gryffindor shrieked. 

"It was the only way we could assure peace."

"You went and arranged our son to marry Narcissa Black?!" Euphemia Potter was mad. 

"It was the only way we could assure peace, Mia," the king repeated. "And your son-"

"Does he know?"

"He said he would do anything for his kingdom as all Potters have done before."

"Does he know you gave up his life?" Euphemia repeated, demanding an answer from her husband. 

"Not technically, no."

"Where is that bucket of iced water when you need it?" Euphemia asked. "Or maybe an empty bucket, at the least. Something just to knock some fucking sense into you. What possessed you, Fleamont?"

That is the question, indeed. What possessed Fleamont Potter to do such a thing?

Now, sometimes, people do dumb stuff. It is simply human nature to do such a thing. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

It's just simple human nature. 

See you Monday!