𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

"How long has it been since I have seen you last, old friend?" Sirius placed his arm across his friend's shoulders.

"Why are you speaking like we are in the very past?"

"Don't know," Sirius shrugged. "But, really, how long has it been?"

"Maybe four years."

"As long as Lily's ruling as Queen of Ravenclaw," Sirius mused if only to see his reaction.

"Maybe we should not bring up her name."

"Why is that?"

"Because I might go and punch your father."

"Oh, if you ever do that, give me a front-row ticket," Sirius implored.

"Of course."

"Now-"

A third man stumbled to their scene. Both men looked back at him.

"Remus? Remus Lupin?"

"Is my queen close by any chance?" it truly was Remus Lupin. 

We will continue right where we left off. The only difference is maybe time, an hour later than when Remus Lupin stumbled upon the grounds of Hogwarts. 

There was a knock on her door, and this time she hoped that it wasn't some royalty who wished to talk to her. 

"Who is it?"

Alice Longbottom peeked her head inside. 
"I have news."

"The good kind or the bad kind?" her queen asked. 

"It is the good kind."

"What is it?"

"Someone wishes to talk to you. In fact, that person is waiting for you downstairs right this instant," Alice said obviously. 

"Who is it?"

"If I tell you, that would ruin the surprise," Alice grinned. 

"What did Potter do now?"

"Oh, honey, James isn't involved in this. Well, I heard he stumbled on James and Sirius talking, but James did not do anything. At least, none that I have heard of."

"Then who is?" Lily asked. "You know I despise surprises."

"I would tell you - truly, honey, I would," Alice smiled apologetically, "but he rather wanted me to keep it a secret."

"He?"

"You can go down and see for yourself. Trust me, it is much better than playing this silly game of cat and mouse."

"Now that sounds like Emmeline."

"She may be influencing me a tiny touch," Alice admitted. "But, come on, you cannot keep him waiting."

"Fine, fine," Lily put down her book and stood up. "Screw whoever is down there because that book is great."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. 

"Leave," Lily ordered once she saw who had arrived to talk to her. 

"Are you-"

"Leave!" Lily demanded. 

Once they all left, she turned and observed Remys Lupin. 

"What happened?" 

"Another factory exploded. Dad is on it. I just thought you should know," Remus briefed his queen.